Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim @ Chicago White Sox

Heads22

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 25, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
I have a big zone, but i haven't had any problem with the ump. I'm fine with his zone and i just hope he calls it consistent for both teams.

yeah hes been consistent i agree..i have no problem with him either..i was just saying i think the espn zone always tries to make the umps look good....if he wants to call 2 inches off i have no problem with it....as long as he does it for both teams which he has...no qualms at all about the ump from me...i just think sometimes espn k zone takes those extra 2 inches and makes them into balls over the plate when they arent

Edited by daa84

Morgan has brought up a very astute point regarding Jose Contreras telegraphing his fastball when he drops sidearm. 90% of the time that is all he's throwing from that arm slot and I'm surprised we haven't seen him throw more changeups out of that spot (to at least ensure hitters have to stay honest). For the most part he hasn't gotten too sidearm happy, but I've noticed it a bit more from him tonight.

Luckily he's had pretty damn good command as well as velocity. He's really looking good.