Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim @ Chicago White Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 25, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
Morgan has brought up a very astute point regarding Jose Contreras telegraphing his fastball when he drops sidearm. 90% of the time that is all he's throwing from that arm slot and I'm surprised we haven't seen him throw more changeups out of that spot (to at least ensure hitters have to stay honest). For the most part he hasn't gotten too sidearm happy, but I've noticed it a bit more from him tonight.

Luckily he's had pretty damn good command as well as velocity. He's really looking good.

His forkball is just nasty again as well.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 25, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
I am speechless on how stupid that was. You have an offense that is struggling, you get into scoring position and then pull that stunt. Dumb.

Now CQ has to bat with the bases open. Looks like he has to do everything again.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
I'd love to know how many hits the Sox have averaged in the first 5 innings of games this season. It can't be more than 3 or 4.

Want to vomit, check out the writeup Jim did over at soxmachine.com on how Weaver Santana's us. His work against the rest of the league, and his work against us.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
I'd love to know how many hits the Sox have averaged in the first 5 innings of games this season. It can't be more than 3 or 4.

Not exactly hits, but the past few games we have been getting guys on base in the first inning....than Thome comes up.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 25, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
I am speechless on how stupid that was. You have an offense that is struggling, you get into scoring position and then pull that stunt. Dumb.

Technically with an offense struggling I expect the team to be additionally agressive on the basepaths. Not saying it was the smartest of all moves given that the middle of the order is due up, but had he not hesitated to begin with he would have been safe at 3rd.

Still, I'd prefer not to run ourselves out of things. On the bright side, it was the 2nd straight AB where OC hit the ball HARD.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
OC finally gets a nice hit, and then shows terrible instincts to go for it.

He's made his career by having good instincts but any player that is agressive will ocassionally make an agressive mistake. s*** happens, if he consistently made stupid mistakes thats one thing, but this is a guy that consistently makes good agressive decisions and he's widely regarded as one of the smartest baseball players in the game for a reason.

CQ with a hit. His mini slump looks to be ending :)