Sox @ DET, 6-12, 12:05 CT, CSN

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a horribly mismanaged game by ozzie in game 1 set the tone for this series...we never touch rogers so the loss today was predictable ...then the middle game verlander beat us....

i dont know why any other team in the majors will throw fastballs to our guys...

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
if he takes the loss, it was still the right guy to have in there

Coming off of two straight losses and on the verge of getting swept, I would've used Linebrink instead. Especially facing Maggs and Cabrera.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
a horribly mismanaged game by ozzie in game 1 set the tone for this series...we never touch rogers so the loss today was predictable ...then the middle game verlander beat us....

i dont know why any other team in the majors will throw fastballs to our guys...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last time he faced, didn't we get about 6 runs off of him in 4 innings?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but last time he faced, didn't we get about 6 runs off of him in 4 innings?

yeah we got him good earlier this year when he didnt have any command...but historically we struggle against him or any other soft tossing lefty with a decent changeup