Sox @ DET, 6-12, 12:05 CT, CSN

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
yeah we got him good earlier this year when he didnt have any command...but historically we struggle against him or any other soft tossing lefty with a decent changeup

That's true. Sorry for the pissy attitude, this team is driving me insane.

BTW, I can't wait to see how many GIDP's we get when we face Dempster. Let's set the over/under at 5 for both games combined he's scheduled to pitch vs us.

8 games is nothing, especially when you're chasing a laborious offense like the Sox.

Our offense is not sustainable.

Only saving grace is I don't think Detroit has the pitching to really get there and the Indians offense is actually WORSE than ours.

the division sucks, which gives me hope.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
8 games is nothing, especially when you're chasing a laborious offense like the Sox.

Our offense is not sustainable.

Only saving grace is I don't think Detroit has the pitching to really get there and the Indians offense is actually WORSE than ours.

the division sucks, which gives me hope.

hope for a quick exit in the 1st round? because that's what i see when watching this hot/cold offense.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
hope for a quick exit in the 1st round? because that's what i see when watching this hot/cold offense.

Maybe, but we do have some really good pitching, so anything can happen when you have that.

Still, we haven't seen Danks or Floyd go the long haul yet, Contreras is very old and Javvy hasn't looked so great lately.

I still don't think our starting rotation is a LOCK to get there, at least not as much of a lock as Boston or LAA.

That said, so far our pitching staff is as good as anyone in baseball, so we have to assume they'll continue to be good.

We had that glorious homestand following some horrid offensive baseball.

We are what we are ... a decent team.

No way we are going to run away with this division.

I can't see how anybody would think that will happen.

Now we suck on the road all of a sudden.

We are a weird baseball team.

Hard to believe this championship team can go from dominating seven straight to all of sudden rolling over for three. Inconsistent, but at least we are in 1st place and you hope things become more consistent with the win streaks. You can't win em all, but you sure can wish you could.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
Hard to believe this championship team can go from dominating seven straight to all of sudden rolling over for three. Inconsistent, but at least we are in 1st place and you hope things become more consistent with the win streaks. You can't win em all, but you sure can wish you could.

bosox got swept by seattle last year, and toronto, and they were probably teams that weren't any worse than the tigers are this year

just sayin

The Twinks have no chance, just like the Royals.

It's us, Detroit and Cleveland.

Hope the bats come alive at home this weekend.

We ain't gonna win anything with the bats that showed in Detroit.