Rockies @ White Sox 6/14, 6:05 p.m. WGN

bjm676

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the Danks kudos. Awesome job.

You are right about Paulie and Thome. So sad.

As far as our rivals being closer than they appear ... I think all true Sox fans realize all too well our lead is nothing.

We follow the team every day and this team is too dysfunctional to dominate.

Now can we outlast other s***ty teams in our division? Maybe.

Konerko is just brutal, guy cant make any tough defensive plays not to mention hit the ball.

That throw from Masset was horrible. I've seen Paulie with some very nice scoops of s***ty throws by Joe this season.

Paulie isn't that bad defensively.

Offensively he deserves an F for his performance so far this season.

A big fat F.

Somehow we are still up by a few games in this bad division.

You can't win 'em all, we'd won 9 in a row at home, but it's the WAY we lost that sucks.

I'd not been as saddened had we lost 13-11. It's maddening to see our hitters when things are going south.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
That throw from Masset was horrible. I've seen Paulie with some very nice scoops of s***ty throws by Joe this season.

Paulie isn't that bad defensively.

Offensively he deserves an F for his performance so far this season.

A big fat F.

Somehow we are still up by a few games in this bad division.

You can't win 'em all, we'd won 9 in a row at home, but it's the WAY we lost that sucks.

I'd not been as saddened had we lost 13-11. It's maddening to see our hitters when things are going south.

I think he's talking about the ground-ball that he tried to grab off to the side of himself and not get in front of it.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
Imagine where he would've hit it if he hadn't been trying to shoot it to right field.

What a bunch of stupid posts. I'm sure he was psyched to hit into a double play. Surely, that made his day.

this team is just fundamentally baseball retarded when it comes to hitting

the 2008 white sox are THE most offensively inept team in all of major league baseball, i've never seen in my whole life a team that is so flawed with their hitting approach at this level of the game, seriously

a veteran+youthful lineup that cant put the ball in play off changeups and can't lay off sliders off the plate? off a guy with an 8+ ERA? are you f***ing kidding me?

and this is not the first time this year, or last year, or in 2006 for that matter, that this has happened either. guys who throw either left-handed, or throw junk.. rarely for strikes, are the kind of underachieving MLB pitchers that this team makes look like Cy Young candidates. how many times this year have we heard from Farmer, Stoney, Hawk or DJ "Ignore this guy's ______ ERA (replace with a number over 7), he's not as bad as he looks."

no f***ing sh*t he isn't, we're swinging at every possible BAD pitch in this guys arsenal and can't read the ball out of his hand when it's a hittable pitch! when you have that kind of approach, EVERY BAD pitcher is going to look like his numbers are being misconstrued!

why isn't this EXACT, word for word, concept brought up to the coaches or management/FO of this team? this seems like something that is destroyed in a players early years and only gets worse as they progress

once again, as this couldn't be said ENOUGH IMO:

we were shut down by a TERRIBLE 8+ ERA pitcher tonight. no other team in baseball that I've seen is this consistently terrible at hitting when it comes to pitchers that you're SUPPOSED to knock around

unreal.