Tribe @ Sox, Game 1, 06/30, 7:11 PM

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
Tonight Gavins big hook has been there. If he can get that back on track, that means more in the long run than the 4 he gave up tonight. The key to Gavin is getting him through this season, and keep progressing. This kid has the stuff to be a top of the rotation starter. We just have to keep him moving foward. 10ks tonight is a nice touch.

I wasn't at all concerned with the 4 runs because he was pitching to contact. When you do that, you have a shot at giving up a few more. Swisher with another bomb (dead center too!!!) and we got to see that OC and Swish have a little captain in him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
I wasn't at all concerned with the 4 runs because he was pitching to contact. When you do that, you have a shot at giving up a few more. Swisher with another bomb (dead center too!!!) and we got to see that OC and Swish have a little captain in him.

I think tonight he had one of his best curveballs of the year. He had the big bender, but he had that nice tight one that he could throw for strikes. When he can drop 2 types of curves plus the rest of his stuff, 10ks is on its way.

Crede's made all the great plays he usually makes and than same, but SSI is right, he's definately botched some of the easier ones too. He's still top notch defensively but his failure to make the routine plays will keep him from getting a gold glove recommendation out of me.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
I cant watch the game because Im still on vacation in Cali, but if MLB.com is telling me the truth :cheers Thome and Swisher

Depending on where your at, at least you got nice weather (assuming your not breathing in smoke from the fires in Norcal).