Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
Agree. I'd rather have Hossa and Commodore/Streit/Redden/Orpik then Campbell and Huselius/Satan/Demitra.

That's what I've been saying. However, replace Streit with Roszival and I'm happy.

Seen this on the main Hawks board.

Fan 590

Speculating Chicago will come up with 1 of the top free agent d men and that Dale Tallon has a couple of trades that he is going to deliver.

In my mind I will actually be shocked if the Hawks get either Hossa or Campbell. They always try for the top free agents but always seem to come up with the left overs.

Edited by EvilJester99

Hmm that's pretty good compensation, although Bourque was a good 3rd line scrapper and penalty killer.

Maybe going with one of the young guys in his spot next season perhaps, unless they play Ladd on the 3rd line.

That 2nd rounder could be used in another trade, was in the Havlat deal a couple of seasons ago (hence why we didn't have a 2nd rounder in this year's draft).

Let the fun begin!!!!

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
Supposedly there is a rumor that Boston is going to offer $12 per for Hossa.....if that is true its f***ing insane.

They only have about $7M in cap room.

They'd need to clear out salary (Glen Murray may need to be bought out for starters), for that to happen.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Supposedly there is a rumor that Boston is going to offer $12 per for Hossa.....if that is true its f***ing insane.

That's false because the most a player can make under the cap is $11M.

Per a buddy of mine whose basically the NHL version of me (ie, incredibly obsessed), Sean Avery may bringing his act to Chicago. If they get him, I for one say hell ya, the guy brings in an attitude I think this franchise has lacked for years.

Searching the Net and I guess its ESPN Insider which is reporting Hawks offered Avery 4yrs 16M.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 10:41 AM)
Per a buddy of mine whose basically the NHL version of me (ie, incredibly obsessed), Sean Avery may bringing his act to Chicago. If they get him, I for one say hell ya, the guy brings in an attitude I think this franchise has lacked for years.

Searching the Net and I guess its ESPN Insider which is reporting Hawks offered Avery 4yrs 16M.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD move.

Avery is an asshole, and a locker-room cancer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
I wonder what Andre Roy is doing these days... I haven't had my life in danger in a while ;)

If they're looking for an enforcer (which I doubt) I'd love it if Hordi ended up there. But, I bet he ends up in Edmonton, which for him would be PERFECT.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Such a cancer that the Rangers made the playoffs with him. :huh

And then you could argue, got his team eliminated from the playoffs also.

I want no part of him and his act, especially since he ain't dating Elisha Cuthbert either. If he was, then maybe I could let it slide.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Such a cancer that the Rangers made the playoffs with him. :huh

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
I just want to point out that the Rangers played much better hockey with Avery than without him.

That may be true (and in my opinion that was in spite of him), but even his own teammates "dislike" him. I just don't think you want to sign a guy like that for 4 years. There's a lot more to that then I'm going to post here.

WSH signs Mike Green for 5.25 per for 4 years. Pens get Pascal DuPois for 1.4 per for 3 years. Leafs sign CuJo for a year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
I just want to point out that the Rangers played much better hockey with Avery than without him.

^^^^^^^^

Edited by whitesoxbrian