Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
He was the captain, he was NOT one of the vandals. Jeremy Roenick and Keith Tkachuk were the main vandals, and when finding out they destroyed their hotel room(s), Chelios PERSONALLY PAID FOR THE DAMAGES because he felt responsible as team captain.

The guy is nothing but a class act, and I feel his #7 should hang in the rafters.

My bad then. Maybe I have him confused with JR; I thought there was some kind of Blackhawk connection to the actual trashing, but I guess JR was already gone then.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
My bad then. Maybe I have him confused with JR; I thought there was some kind of Blackhawk connection to the actual trashing, but I guess JR was already gone then.

Neither Amonte nor Chelios were involved in the trashing of rooms.

Would you want to stay on the team with Old Man Wirtz chasing everyone with talent out of town when they were due for a contract and replacing them with scrubs? I don't blame Cheli one bit. I would have asked to be traded too. He went there and won and showed Wirtz what he gave away..

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
McDonough is really borrowing from the bag of tricks he used at his last place of employment:

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2008/11/25...t-getting-ridic

A book about finally becoming relevant again? How about we hold off on the gushing literary works until this team actually accomplishes something on the ice?

totally lame.

Seabrook is becoming the Orlando Cabrerra in my mind to the Hawks

Great game last night. The slow starts would be killing them if Khabby wasn't standing on his head early in these games.

The book made me just shake my head. I get what they are trying to do I just think they are going over the top in getting there. It seems like we need to be over the top in making sure everyone knows we are fans of the team ala the cubs.

Remember, everyone, the Hawks play at 3:00 PM today (@ Anaheim) and tomorrow (@ L.A.).

I'm hoping they can take one of these games, but both places seem to give them trouble.

I guess I'd settle for 2 points any way they can get them (either win one of them or take them both to OT).