Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)
You have to be careful though not to ruin some team chemistry. Bulin is obviously a big part of this team and sending him away could send a bad vibe through the team. However, if you can sign Sundin and get some solid prospects for Bulin, fiscally and for the future it probably makes sense. I actually kind of like the two-goalie tandem, keeps them both fresh, but obviously they are making too much money combined.

The younger 'tender plays better with consistent time, that's the only thing. It's addition by subtraction at this point.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that shipping out Nic and signing Sundin makes the most sense right now, but there still has to be a good trade partner for Khabibulin, you're not just going to give him away for nothing.

That's the hard part for Tallon right now.

And Sundin may sign with Toronto, the Rangers or the Canucks anyway.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
Am I missing something, I could have sworn I heard that Sundin signed with Philly over the weekend.

You are definitely missing something. Rumor has it the Rangers are the frontrunners with 3 other teams including the Hawks behind.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Also the Blackhawk W flag that was flying yesterday in the third balcony me throw up in my mouth.

You and me both. The Cub-ification of the franchise continues.

On balance, however, its hard to be too upset with everything McDonough and Rocky have done. All things considered, I'll take it.

Hopefully, the Hawks can distinguish themselves from the "lovable" losers by winning a championship soon.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
You and me both. The Cub-ification of the franchise continues.

Well there are millions of idiot sports fans (Cub fans) out there, especially here in the Chicago area, so if your team gets good, stuipd ass elements like that will show up. If the Bulls ever get good the same s*** will be there to deal with, although it's going to obviously be worse in the Hawks case with McDonough running the show so to speak. I just say ignore it and enjoy watching the team play, you can't control that there are a lot of people out there who make the CRITICAL mistake of being Cubs fans a life choice and then try and carry it around to other things.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
Well there are millions of idiot sports fans (Cub fans) out there, especially here in the Chicago area, so if your team gets good, stuipd ass elements like that will show up. If the Bulls ever get good the same s*** will be there to deal with, although it's going to obviously be worse in the Hawks case with McDonough running the show so to speak. I just say ignore it and enjoy watching the team play, you can't control that there are a lot of people out there who make the CRITICAL mistake of being Cubs fans a life choice and then try and carry it around to other things.

HEY!!!

What the hell's THAT supposed to mean????

:lolhitting

Again, how people are finding things to complain about this year is beyond me. A "W" flag flying means the Hawks did what they weren't doing the last decade, they are winning!!

I don't care if Ronnie Woo-Woo shows up "Hawks WOO Win WOO!" or whatever, if the Blackhawks are winning I'm happy.

Ok, Ronnie Woo Woo would be too much, but ANYTHING else is acceptable to me. The Blackhawks are f***ing winning hockey games, and have a legitimate team that can go deep in the playoffs and is so young that they'll only get better. This isn't like 02-03 when we were the oldest team in the league depending on Amonte, Karpotsev, Zhamnov, etc... this is a legit team, and it's impossible to believe that only 415 days ago Bill Wirtz was thankfully pulled from the reigns.

The Winter Classic is going to be a horrible experience if you are going to it. Middle of winter and the ice is gonna be 150 feet away from the closest seat. I will enjoy it from my warm house with a hangover from the night before. I just dont see people coming away from the game with a good feeling about their decision to go.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
Holy hell what a save on that Havlat shot point-blank.

For those little hockey players out there... when you have a chance like that, keep the shot low or try to go over the blocker shoulder... shooting it into the glove is never the best idea!