**White Sox vs. Royals 7/7/08** 7:10pm, The U

Brian

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the final score for the Sox, they aren't scoring again. They seem lifeless tonight. except maybe Thome.

KC however will likely score again. Way to blow a chance put some distance between ourselves and the Twins.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
while we have a general lack of talent especially in the upper minors...there have been alot of guys at charlotte that have pitched pretty well....broadway richard whisler and haeger (especially as of late) have been pretty solid down there and may all deserve a look, but i think its gonna take an injury for any of them to get a shot...and even then it may be masset that gets the nod

then again none of those names excite me, or are really viable options while we are fighting for the division

Did Gavin Floyd or John Danks excite you when the first were plugged into the rotation??? Even though none of those really excite me i still think they can be a whole lot more productive then Jose, and any of those guys can come up and be a huge surprise for our team just like Danks and Floyd. I hope if jose continues to struggle we start giving these guys a shot.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 03:20 AM)
Did Gavin Floyd or John Danks excite you when the first were plugged into the rotation??? Even though none of those really excite me i still think they can be a whole lot more productive then Jose, and any of those guys can come up and be a huge surprise for our team just like Danks and Floyd. I hope if jose continues to struggle we start giving these guys a shot.

Danks was a top prospect...none of those Sox guys are even close to that billing.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
he says he's 80%.

just sayin

Oh, it would be fantastic watching Guillen let Garcia decide when to come out again. How many f***ing times did we watch games where Garcia started an inning he shouldn't have, only to give up a hit/walk to the first batter?

I'm done with him.

With Contreras, it's honestly going to take an additional month of these starts for Guillen to remove him. You know he won't do it, otherwise. Contreras is a Cuban (therefore he's proud), a veteran player, and has had success in the past. These will be the excuses. Honestly, if he's going to pull this no-forkball, weak fastball crap it'd be better if he were injured. Seriously, and I don't care how that sounds. We can't screw around with him while battling for a playoff spot.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Danks was a top prospect...none of those Sox guys are even close to that billing.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
Floyd was the number 4 pick overall as well.

true to both but i thought i remembered a lot of gripe about them in the rotation on these boards and theres no denying that there level of success was a surprise to most. So what im getting at his you never know when one of our minor league pitchers if given the chance will come up and have success at this level, but we wont know unless we give them a chance. Broadway was a first round pick and had success in his short stint in the bigs last year, i think he deserves a shot to take over for jose

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 02:28 AM)
That new AJ commercial is horrible, worst one yet. Plus, the runner going to first after the bunt looks like Willie Harris, but I know it ain't AJ.

I hate those commercials with a passion. Dumb ideas, terrible video editting

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
true to both but i thought i remembered a lot of gripe about them in the rotation on these boards and theres no denying that there level of success was a surprise to most. So what im getting at his you never know when one of our minor league pitchers if given the chance will come up and have success at this level, but we wont know unless we give them a chance. Broadway was a first round pick and had success in his short stint in the bigs last year, i think he deserves a shot to take over for jose

Royce Ring was a first round pick as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
That first pitch to PK wasn't even close to being a strike.

Someone needs to instruct our hitters on what exact a strike is.

If it bounces in the other batters box, dont swing.

If its taller than you, dont swing.

If it bounces in, dont swing.

If you need 2 bats taped together to reach it, dont swing.