The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
What other state would you credit to Perot tipping?

I honestly don't care to go through this, who really cares since it's all speculation anyway. Clinton won.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
(In case you're interested, it seems like there's actually a trend of increasing turnout over the past decade or so, with higher turnout in 2008 than any year since 68).

We vote for the same old s***. I vote Democratic because it's like "at least they're not Republicans and even if they don't move us forward, they won't move us back to the Gilded Age, or the Salem Witch Trials"

More examples of Republicans changing voting laws to disenfranchise Democratic voting demographics

Now, in heavily Democratic cities like Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Toledo, early voting hours will be limited to 8 am until 5 pm on weekdays beginning on October 1, with no voting at night or during the weekend, when it’s most convenient for working people to vote. Republican election commissioners have blocked Democratic efforts to expand early voting hours in these counties, where the board of elections are split equally between Democratic and Republican members. Ohio Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted has broken the tie by intervening on behalf of his fellow Republicans.

‘I cannot create unequal access from one county board to another, and I must also keep in mind resources available to each county,” Husted said in explaining his decision to deny expanded early voting hours in heavily Democratic counties. Yet in solidly Republican counties like Warren and Butler, GOP election commissioners have approved expanded early voting hours on nights and weekends. Noted the Cincinnati Enquirer: “The counties where Husted has joined other Republicans to deny expanded early voting strongly backed then-candidate Barack Obama in 2008, while most of those where the extra hours will stand heavily supported GOP nominee John McCain.” Moreover, budget constraints have not stopped Republican legislators from passing costly voter ID laws across the map since 2010.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
The working poor cannot afford to take unpaid leave to vote during the middle of the day. Of course, these rules have been modified to limit early voting only to weekday working hours in heavily Democratic areas.

Why are you trying to take away the voting rights of our troops?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
It's chalk.

f***ing dumb.

If it was something racist, or giant dicks (which I would still find hilarious) then I could understand. But the article says whales and seaturtles...

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
If it was something racist, or giant dicks (which I would still find hilarious) then I could understand. But the article says whales and seaturtles...

I'm sorry, when you post...I see your avatar and then I don't hear a word you say.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm sorry, when you post...I see your avatar and then I don't hear a word you say.

No s***. But the thing is, the more people who pay attention to it, the more he's going to leave it because he likes the attention.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)

Haha yea it's hard to look away.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
No s***. But the thing is, the more people who pay attention to it, the more he's going to leave it because he likes the attention.

Not sure if joke?