The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
The interpretation of this law has to coincide with the times...often it does not. In modern times, air-superiority is a reality...and those civilians on the ground "should" be afforded the right to some sort of self defense mechanism against this.

The idea behind this amendment is the people could conceivably defend themselves from a government run astray. In current times, that would necessitate the need to keep and bare arms that include SAM's...otherwise how would you defend yourself against a military that would clearly have air superiority?

The amendment was also added at a time when there was no standing army and the militia was an essential component of national defense. It was reasonable and affordable for civilians to acquire the same weapons as the military. Even a billionaire today couldn't field more than one top-line fighter, let alone an aircraft carrier full of them.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
I love that Mitt Romney praised Israel's socialized health care system

Mitt Romney's world tour summed up:

bullet, meet foot.

It's only important in that it was another couple of news cycles focusing on Romney's gaffes and not on Obama and the economy. Romney keeps letting himself be defined negatively and the Obama campaign is really in control of the narrative at this point.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
It's only important in that it was another couple of news cycles focusing on Romney's gaffes and not on Obama and the economy. Romney keeps letting himself be defined negatively and the Obama campaign is really in control of the narrative at this point.

I agree with you, but given the 24 hour news cycle and a collective conscience even shorter than that, it feels like what happens in the last week or so before the election is what matters. I don't think this will affect Romney.

That said, if Romney's gaffes keep being the storyline, he'll be at a disadvantage in that last week.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)
I agree with you, but given the 24 hour news cycle and a collective conscience even shorter than that, it feels like what happens in the last week or so before the election is what matters. I don't think this will affect Romney.

That said, if Romney's gaffes keep being the storyline, he'll be at a disadvantage in that last week.

Depends if his narrative continues to be this bumbling flip flopper that just tells people what they want to hear.

Lemon wet good.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
The specific story doesn't matter, but being in control of the narrative does.

This is pretty much key.

Also, keep in mind that the majority of voters have an attention span of...oh wow, a bird, brb!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)
This is pretty much key.

Also, keep in mind that the majority of voters have an attention span of...oh wow, a bird, brb!

That's because most of the stories are trivial.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)

Bulls***, Rmoney (or whoever has an ® behind their name) would be defined negatively and the Obama campaign is in control of the narrative no matter what because the media is so f***ing in the tank for RockStarObama it does't matter. Oh... nevermind, they are just reporting "news". GMAFB.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Bulls***, Rmoney (or whoever has an ® behind their name) would be defined negatively and the Obama campaign is in control of the narrative no matter what because the media is so f***ing in the tank for RockStarObama it does't matter. Oh... nevermind, they are just reporting "news". GMAFB.

nah.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)

Like the WAPO parroting a Huffpo hit from some investor who told Harry Reid that Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years. That is real news. :lolhitting

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)

Hi.jpg

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:47 AM)
Like the WAPO parroting a Huffpo hit from some investor who told Harry Reid that Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years. That is real news. :lolhitting

It's not. The media is terrible at doing actual journalism.

However that plays right into Obama controlling the narrative and Romney bumbling along, unable to come up with any sort of coherent response or counterattack.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)

credibility? hello, credibility? where are you? man i can't find your credibility anywhere anymore. bummer... he was really such a nice lil credibility.

this post is as ridiculous as most of mine. :)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 07:01 AM)
Have any of you guys made any donations to the Obama campaign?

I made a very small donation a few weeks ago and so now I am on his donor list or whatever.

The emails I get every day are quite entertaining.

I won't be donating to either campaign.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Have any of you guys made any donations to the Obama campaign?

I made a very small donation a few weeks ago and so now I am on his donor list or whatever.

The emails I get every day are quite entertaining.

I get those emails because I went to the 2008 Grant Park thing.

So far they never have been able to get me to donate.

No reason to put this specifically here, but this is a beautiful excerpt from a memoir. It absolutely crushed me, and I think if you guys have the time you should check it out.

http://gawker.com/5927452/

His prose is very lyrical. But, it just kind of reminds me those gut punches I get, when I think about my summer in these great events I go to, while so many my neighbors in this city are remembering this summer for who got killed.