• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
Democrat demigod appears to be in a bit of hot water

poor Chuck Schumer... first John Edwards now this

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...=22&sp=true

LOLZ after learning a little more about the letter sent to the CA AG.

Copies of the employee letter were distributed to the press by CRC Public Relations whose clients include the National Republican Congressional Committee, National Republican Senatorial Committee and the Republican National Committee.

CRC, based in Alexandria, Virginia, was also linked to a company that published a book questioning 2004 Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's Vietnam service on a swift boat.

Schumer spokesman Brian Fallon questioned the motivation behind the letter.

"It certainly raises eyebrows that the firm promoting this letter is the same outfit that fueled the Swift Boat attacks and does work for the RNC," Fallon said.

Yeah, I can't for a second figure out why they might have some reason to try to go after Chuck Schumer with guns blazing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
The wierd thing about this convention though is they need to build 2 stages, one for the Senator at Mile High and one for everyone else. So that's just the first one.

I dont think the Invesco Field one will be fancy.

Anti-Obama Delegate Drama Much Ado About Nothing?

Delegates to the Democratic National Convention arrive in Denver having largely put aside the deep divisions of the primary fight between Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton, although some hold lingering concerns about Mr. Obama’s level of experience, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll.

More than half of the delegates that Mrs. Clinton won in the primaries now say they are enthusiastic supporters of Mr. Obama, and they also believe he will win the presidential election in November, the poll found. Three in 10 say they support Mr. Obama but have reservations about him or they support him only because he is the party’s nominee. Five percent say they do not support him yet.

Not perfect, but far better than the "all out uprising" that the MSM and Republicans are trying to push.

Also, was a Clinton supporter deceived into supporting McCain?

In a new ad for John McCain, Debra Bartoshevich, a self-described “proud Hillary Clinton Democrat,” announces that she opposes Barack Obama and will vote for John McCain. At a press conference this afternoon, Bartoschevich made this puzzling statement:

Going back to 1999, John McCain did an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle saying that overturning Roe v. Wade would not make any sense, because then women would have to have illegal abortions.

Michael Scherer writes, “Was she going off message? Or are Republicans engaging in some cagey multi-messaging?” In 1999, McCain did indeed tell reporters that he “would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade.” But in recent years, McCain has repeatedly said Roe “should be overturned.”

McCain surrogate Carly Fiorina – who also attended today’s press conference with Bartoshevich – has misrepresented McCain’s position on choice in the past. “Newsweek magazine reported, she told women in Columbus, Ohio, that McCain ‘has never signed on to efforts to overturn Roe vs. Wade,’ the landmark Supreme Court decision confirming the right to abortion.”

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

GO ME! One of my YouTube videos made it onto TalkingPointsMemo!!

I e-mailed them with the link at 3:40 PM. Less than 40 minutes later it was up and with a story!

UPDATE: They have since replaced my video with a re-YouTubed version with TPM branding.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

This is a pretty good analysis:

"He is a little like Adlai Stevenson," Rendell mused. "You ask him a question, and he gives you a six-minute answer. And the six-minute answer is smart as all get out. It's intellectual. It's well framed. It takes care of all the contingencies. But it's a lousy soundbite."

"We've got to start smacking back in short understandable bites," he said

Another day, another McCain ad that flat out lies about Obama:

The new McCain ad released this morning attacking Obama on Iran rips Obama's words out of context so egregiously that it amounts to a distortion at best and an outright smear at worst.

The ad's narrator says: "Obama says Iran is a 'tiny' country. 'Doesn't post a serious threat.' Terrorism? Destroying Israel? Those aren't serious threats?"

Here is the full May 18th Obama quote, as supplied by the McCain press release itself:

"...Iran, Cuba, Venezuela -- these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us..."

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 10:05 AM)
That's stupid. Seriously stupid. (the ad and the out of context, not you... :lol:).

I'm not the stupid one for a change. SWEET! :headbang

hehehe

2 MAJOR problems with the ad other than the obvious out of context stuff:

1) As was pointed out to John McCain, Ahmadinejad is NOT the leader of Iran. In fact, he hold very little power.

2) It says "radical Islamic government". Does that mean McCain wants to declare war on Muslims? Why would you bring that up?

I am probably over analyzing on #2, but it brings up an interesting topic of discussion. In America, Muslim = bad, even if they are good people. Muslim = you are going to blow me up. So, to play to that fear is disgusting.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
I'm not the stupid one for a change. SWEET! :headbang

hehehe

2 MAJOR problems with the ad other than the obvious out of context stuff:

1) As was pointed out to John McCain, Ahmadinejad is NOT the leader of Iran. In fact, he hold very little power.

2) It says "radical Islamic government". Does that mean McCain wants to declare war on Muslims? Why would you bring that up?

I am probably over analyzing on #2, but it brings up an interesting topic of discussion. In America, Muslim = bad, even if they are good people. Muslim = you are going to blow me up. So, to play to that fear is disgusting.

I think #2 is important to me. In America, our Muslim population has been very hardworking and has gotten themselves relatively ahead. In Europe, they are among the poorest population, and isolated with terrible schooling and completely marginalized. The result is they've opened themselves up, as radicalization takes place so they can feel power in something. We cannot marginalize productive, patriotic Muslims in this country. Obama has to stop treating the Muslim claim like it's acid. Conversely, McCain's repeated talk about how mid-east countries are averse to our "Judeo-Christian" values is seen as setting up a religious war to uneducated peoples. Was this country founded on Judeo-Christian principles, yes. Is that the reason we are facing threats from radical muslim extremists? A small part. But if you push that to the front it is a dangerous precedent. This country has come too far to villify our own Americans, and immediately after 9/11 I think we did a good job of embracing our Muslim population. Do not perceive this as me advocating teaching the Q'uran in public schools or backing down at stuff like that, more that we should be careful about our language. Muslim has become such a dirty word, if people begin attributing the radicals of terrorist groups to hard working Americans we are creating problems at home we don't need and can easily be prevented.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
I think #2 is important to me. In America, our Muslim population has been very hardworking and has gotten themselves relatively ahead. In Europe, they are among the poorest population, and isolated with terrible schooling and completely marginalized. The result is they've opened themselves up, as radicalization takes place so they can feel power in something. We cannot marginalize productive, patriotic Muslims in this country. Obama has to stop treating the Muslim claim like it's acid. Conversely, McCain's repeated talk about how mid-east countries are averse to our "Judeo-Christian" values is seen as setting up a religious war to uneducated peoples. Was this country founded on Judeo-Christian principles, yes. Is that the reason we are facing threats from radical muslim extremists? A small part. But if you push that to the front it is a dangerous precedent. This country has come too far to villify our own Americans, and immediately after 9/11 I think we did a good job of embracing our Muslim population. Do not perceive this as me advocating teaching the Q'uran in public schools or backing down at stuff like that, more that we should be careful about our language. Muslim has become such a dirty word, if people begin attributing the radicals of terrorist groups to hard working Americans we are creating problems at home we don't need and can easily be prevented.

:notworthy :notworthy

Was i reading too much into the "radical Islamic government" comment? Or is there a subtext there?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)

Good post.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
:notworthy :notworthy

Was i reading too much into the "radical Islamic government" comment? Or is there a subtext there?

I think so, considering who actually runs Iran they are a radical Islamic government. I don't think we should be over there talking to Ayatollah, but from what we hear about the relative liberal culture of Iran's people, I don't think talking to their democratically elected leader with no preconditions is a bad thing or stupid thing. Iran is there, it's a threat to or allies, I understand the reasoning behind not recognizing them as legitimate, but I don't think it has worked. Nor do I think talking to them opens us up to weaknesses.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
Obama treats the Muslim claim like it's acid because it's thrown at him with the intention of being acid.

You can throw it back as acid if you embrace it like I've only seen him do once. Assert that you are a Christian, but recognize that it shouldn't matter what his relgion is. We have freedom of religion in this country and recognize the hardworking Muslim population instead of the way he's done it, especially moving people from behind him with headdresses, give me a break.