The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
I really think most people (vast majority are conservatives) just flat-out miss the entire point of trials and the basic rule of law. It's not just a symbolic show, there really is a point to it all.

And there's also a point to a military tribunal. But that's ok, just marginalize that point to make your point.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
And there's also a point to a military tribunal. But that's ok, just marginalize that point to make your point.

You must've forgotten that I've pretty consistently supported military tribunals for the last few years now. But the thing is, they just aren't moving. At all. How many terrorists have been convicted in criminal courts since 9-11? Like 300? And tribunals? Like 3?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
You must've forgotten that I've pretty consistently supported military tribunals for the last few years now. But the thing is, they just aren't moving. At all. How many terrorists have been convicted in criminal courts since 9-11? Like 300? And tribunals? Like 3?

And 2 of the 3 have been subsequently released.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)

Why aren't they moving?

Because someone doesn't want them to for some reason.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Why aren't they moving?

Because someone doesn't want them to for some reason.

Not really. Nobody can give a simple answer because there's not one. Even supporters of tribunals will acknowledge that's the biggest weakness.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:08 AM)
Not really. Nobody can give a simple answer because there's not one. Even supporters of tribunals will acknowledge that's the biggest weakness.

Because creating an entirely new judicial setup, including figuring out what rules everything has to follow, takes a lot of time?

(Especially when 99% of the point of that new judicial system is to break the rules of the normal system)

Scott Brown casts one vote with the Democrats - to help pass a bill intended to create jobs in a recession... and the entire Republican world melts down.

Drudge colored his picture orange and announced in 100 point type that he'd "Joined the Dem Majority."

Here are some comments from his Facebook page announcing his vote.

I am no longer a supporter, Later Traitor.

Scott you totally betrayed us and I am ashamed of you!! I won't be supporting you again. What a disappointment.

Right out of the gate you are aligning yourself with Harry Reid against the wishes of the American people-voters wouldn't have sent you (and your truck) to Washington if they knew this was coming-a total disappointment. Glenn Beck was right to say that we should be very cautious in celebrating your victory-your no better than the rest of them!

Me seeing you shake Harrys hand and hugging him is as bad as that day i saw my grandma naked. Oh my excuse me im getting nauseated.

There will be no more funds from this household supporting RINOs

I am thoroughly disappointed. I truly believed Scott Brown was was the American Hope. How could I have been so wrong about this guy?

Very disappointed, does the term "one and done" mean anything!

Did not take long for this guy to show his true colors.

Screw you! Tax and Spend just like the rest of the cronies! I believed and again I have been screwed!

And that's just in the last 20 minutes. Anger is a funny thing. You play to it, you might get some support, but the minute you don't do what those angry people want (even if its against their own interests) - they piss right back into your cornflakes.

So Funny:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Rage Within the Machine - Progressivism
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political Humor Health Care Crisis

Upon hearing Glenn Beck announce that he learned this by reading books at the library, Stewart had some choice words for the Fox News host:

"Glenn, the library isn't free! It's paid for with tax money. Free public libraries are the result of the Progressive movement to communally share books. The first public library was the Boston public library in 1854. It's statement of purpose: every citizen has the right to access community owned resources. Community owned? That sounds just like communist. You're a communist!"

I think it's pretty hilarious, if slightly pathetic, that after left-wingers started calling themselves "progressives" more often because the right-wingers made "liberal" a bad word, that the right-wingers picked up on it and started trying to make "progressive" a bad word. You can immediately tell when someone is a talk radio listener/Glenn Beck watcher when they use that word. 8 times out of 10 they don't even know what the f*** it means.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
So Funny:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Rage Within the Machine - Progressivism
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political Humor Health Care Crisis

I noticed Glenn Beck is left-handed. You know who else is left-handed? You guessed it: Barack Obama. Hmm...

Oh and LOL at him talking about Prohibition being part of some "progressive" plot to limit choices. That is some straight religious right nonsense there. Find me a dyed-in-the-wool progressive that thinks we should ban alcohol? Anybody. Just one. I'll wait.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:50 AM)
Because creating an entirely new judicial setup, including figuring out what rules everything has to follow, takes a lot of time?

(Especially when 99% of the point of that new judicial system is to break the rules of the normal system)

It's not a new system, and if they wanted these people tried, they would have done so already in the military court system - or you know, make them go through the public system even though by the technical merits this case would easily get thrown out before it started. And lost, quit homering this. You're not even making a point other then veiled crap.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
I think it's pretty hilarious, if slightly pathetic, that after left-wingers started calling themselves "progressives" more often because the right-wingers made "liberal" a bad word, that the right-wingers picked up on it and started trying to make "progressive" a bad word. You can immediately tell when someone is a talk radio listener/Glenn Beck watcher when they use that word. 8 times out of 10 they don't even know what the f*** it means.

Hillary Clinton started it all again.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
Oh and LOL at him talking about Prohibition being part of some "progressive" plot to limit choices. That is some straight religious right nonsense there. Find me a dyed-in-the-wool progressive that thinks we should ban alcohol? Anybody. Just one. I'll wait.

Demon alcohol is evil.

(!!!)

There. Was I convincing?

Still trying to figure out why he's so widely respected on this forum.

Yesterday, John McCain claimed that he only voted for TARP because no one told him the money was for Wall Street. Now he's defending his decision to suspend his campaign in 2008 by claiming that Obama suspended his campaign too.

Weren't we all there? He doesn't think we remember?

LINK

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
Because it takes the media 5 minutes to decide they like someone and then 30 years to forget that they do.

I was referring to soxtalk members. He was cited on several response posts for the "best/favorite politician" thread...or whatever it was called.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
I was referring to soxtalk members. He was cited on several response posts for the "best/favorite politician" thread...or whatever it was called.

And if the media loves someone and declares them the best thing since sliced centrism, there will always be a few people who will listen.