The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

I can't believe how much I oppose Hillary. When she wins I may have to move to Canada for eight years. Her statements on Planned Parenthood today are insensitive, but nobody cares. I love Trump saying he'd shut down the government before funding them after this scandal. I wish Hillary supporters would tell me what they see in her, besides the fact she's democrat and you hate Republicans. I mean I voted for Obama last time and I'm Republican.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
I can't believe how much I oppose Hillary. When she wins I may have to move to Canada for eight years. Her statements on Planned Parenthood today are insensitive, but nobody cares. I love Trump saying he'd shut down the government before funding them after this scandal. I wish Hillary supporters would tell me what they see in her, besides the fact she's democrat and you hate Republicans. I mean I voted for Obama last time and I'm Republican.

You would want the government shut down - leaving millions without paychecks (you know, those that work for the feds) and millions more without access to services over a heavily edited video regarding Planned Parenthood? That's not governing, no matter your stance on Planned Parenthood.

As for Hillary Clinton, Greg, what is your biggest concern with a Hillary Clinton presidency that would cause you to move to Canada for 8 years? That she's egotistical (as opposed to both Trump and Cruz whose I don't give a crap attitudes you love)? Her specific policies? If so, which policies do you oppose and why?

My biggest issue with Hillary Clinton is that, for 20 of the last 28 years, we've had a President named Clinton or Bush. I don't love the idea of another 4-8 years of a presidency from either of those two families because of dynastic issues. I don't have a problem with Hillary's policies or personality, but I do think familial presidential dynasties are problematic. I will, however, almost definitely vote for Hillary if nominated, largely because the Rs are unlikely to run a candidate who either isn't dangerously far to the right or named Bush (see my earlier complaint about Presidential dynasties and Hillary's policies are much more in line with mine than Bush).

You would want the government shut down - leaving millions without paychecks (you know, those that work for the feds) and millions more without access to services over a heavily edited video regarding Planned Parenthood? That's not governing, no matter your stance on Planned Parenthood.

As for Hillary Clinton, Greg, what is your biggest concern with a Hillary Clinton presidency that would cause you to move to Canada for 8 years? That she's egotistical (as opposed to both Trump and Cruz whose I don't give a crap attitudes you love)? Her specific policies? If so, which policies do you oppose and why?

My biggest issue with Hillary Clinton is that, for 20 of the last 28 years, we've had a President named Clinton or Bush. I don't love the idea of another 4-8 years of a presidency from either of those two families because of dynastic issues. I don't have a problem with Hillary's policies or personality, but I do think familial presidential dynasties are problematic. I will, however, almost definitely vote for Hillary if nominated, largely because the Rs are unlikely to run a candidate who either isn't dangerously far to the right or named Bush (see my earlier complaint about Presidential dynasties and Hillary's policies are much more in line with mine than Bush).

Please no not again.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)

I've linked to at least 2 articles that point out why I despise her. I tell you one thing that is interesting, though. The media has to be torn at least a little bit. They always want the liberal Democratic candidate to beat the stodgy out of touch Republican. Well, this time the media is being treated like crap by Hilly's people. They put up these ropes herding them around like sheep/cattle. I would think it would be hard for a media member to sing Hilly's praises like they do when deep down they have to know Hillary considers media scum, if that's the right word.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
Forgive me. Didn't understand the joke. I can be slow.

There was all kinds of speculation about whether she was lying about having sustained a concussion during some Benghazi hearings. First it was all about her faking it and later it was about her being permanently brain damaged and therefore being unfit for office.

Interesting she's pulling the desperation race card out with Sanders, who seems more interested in economic equality than racial equality...perception-wise at least. That and his mostly white home state has been turned into he doesn't understand the needs of minorities.

That's rich considering Bill's shenanigans coming into the South Carolina primary against Obama.

She probably can't lose to Sanders or Biden, but both can damage her for the general election. The media and those two guys aren't going to just allow her to coast to the nomination.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 04:39 AM)
There was all kinds of speculation about whether she was lying about having sustained a concussion during some Benghazi hearings. First it was all about her faking it and later it was about her being permanently brain damaged and therefore being unfit for office.

Wow. Missed that. Thank u.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 04:53 AM)
http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/do...umping-20150731

Have to get The Greg's reaction to this one...

Sums up the Trump "campaign" as well as any article yet written on the phenomenon.

http://opportunitylives.com/three-ways-the...an-trump-trump/

Or this one...

Good stuff. Thanks. That first story was wildly entertaining IMO. Of course that reporter was right. This is like Howard Stern running for president. Sure he'll drop out pretty soon. But as I said, I merely like the fact Trump tells it like it is or how he thinks it is. He doesn't take crap from anybody and I liked that about the controversy about the border when he didn't apologize. Didn't pull a Hulk Hogan and cower and leave the limelight forever. I said I probably wouldn't vote for him, I just love his style. And I'm sure that's been his appeal. He actually should keep saying crazy stuff for a while and not apologize for it. I did like his take on the Planned Parenthood controversy as well. He said he'd shut down the government til they took away all funding. I like all that.

I'm sure I'll tire of Trump, but I think that first story shows how he already won. He got all those media to follow him to the border and pack two buses. Hilarious.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 03:24 AM)
Good stuff. Thanks. That first story was wildly entertaining IMO. Of course that reporter was right. This is like Howard Stern running for president. Sure he'll drop out pretty soon. But as I said, I merely like the fact Trump tells it like it is or how he thinks it is. He doesn't take crap from anybody and I liked that about the controversy about the border when he didn't apologize. Didn't pull a Hulk Hogan and cower and leave the limelight forever. I said I probably wouldn't vote for him, I just love his style. And I'm sure that's been his appeal. He actually should keep saying crazy stuff for a while and not apologize for it. I did like his take on the Planned Parenthood controversy as well. He said he'd shut down the government til they took away all funding. I like all that.

I'm sure I'll tire of Trump, but I think that first story shows how he already won. He got all those media to follow him to the border and pack two buses. Hilarious.

Spouting factually incorrect BS about nationalities he doesn't like is not "telling it like it is".

So I'll post the same thing in here I did in the GOP thread. What candidates interest you, at this point? The Dem field isn't as crowded, but perhaps has more variety. What it seems to lack is fresh blood though, mostly.

Who do you like or support in the Dem field so far?

No one really. The Obama administration and the 2010/2014 midterms really killed the dem field. Obama admin because they plucked a lot of governors into their admin and then lost the seats.

Dems put a lot of fame behind Castro which was dumb, as he had no powerbase in his homestate to move into national office. Seems like many of the dem darlings could not consolidate power in the elections.

Not really a fan of Hilary Clinton or Martin O'Malley. Jim Webb is awful.

I think Bernie Sanders is the only other one running. He would be by far the best candidate running, but he will never raise the money that anyone else does.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Not really a fan of Hilary Clinton or Martin O'Malley. Jim Webb is awful.

I think Bernie Sanders is the only other one running. He would be by far the best candidate running, but he will never raise the money that anyone else does.

basically this but Sanders is struggling to broaden his appeal beyond his economic message

I'm sort of curious about O'Malley. I don't know a ton about him though.

It just seems like with Hillary in the race, the rest of the Dems are all staying away. I really hope a couple younger names jump in late here and add some more choices to the field. Not a big fan of Hillary Clinton.

Don't like anyone very much, supporting Sanders while he's fighting and hope Trump runs as a third party...

The jury's still out on Elizabeth Warren running a national campaign...but she could jump in if Hillary's likeability ratings fall another 5-10%

As it is, she would be very vulnerable to a youth/change candidate. Depends on where the national economy goes from here.

I emphatically support Bernie Sanders. He is an imperfect candidate insofar as one might worry about "electability" and such, but he's clearly not on the same kind of fringe level of support that guys like Ron Paul had IMO. I don't hate Hillary and I would almost certainly vote for her in the general if it shakes out that way, but she's not my ideal candidate to be sure. I would of course be a big fan of Elizabeth Warren, but she won't be running.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
Spouting factually incorrect BS about nationalities he doesn't like is not "telling it like it is".

He told people to grow up, that he didn't say all Mexicans who crossed the border are bad. The difference is Trump wouldn't let people force him out of the race on a statement he didnt' mean. He just told people off, told em to grow up and he doesn't think all those who crossed the border into the USA are bad. He did say illegal immigration is bad. It is bad, isn't it?? It's why it's illegal.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 11:53 PM)
He told people to grow up, that he didn't say all Mexicans who crossed the border are bad. The difference is Trump wouldn't let people force him out of the race on a statement he didnt' mean. He just told people off, told em to grow up and he doesn't think all those who crossed the border into the USA are bad. He did say illegal immigration is bad. It is bad, isn't it?? It's why it's illegal.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

–Real estate mogul Donald Trump, presidential announcement speech, June 16, 2015

“I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

–Trump, interview on Fox News’ “Media Buzz,” July 5, 2015

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

–Trump, statement about his June 16 comments, July 6, 2015

Really, you're going to come into the Dem thread and lie to my face and expect me to not have a pile of direct quotes to read back to you?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015...ou-in-debt.html

Bai writes a column questioning the "experience/i'm fighting for you" strategy that authentic candidates like Sanders and Biden will force a Clinton campaign rethink on sooner or later...

Clinton’s pitch is pretty much the polar opposite. If there was any doubt about that, it was dispelled when Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton’s senior communications aide, told my Yahoo colleague Michael Isikoff this week that honesty and trustworthiness were, in Isikoff’s words, “beside the point.”

There followed this pretty remarkable quote from Palmieri: “That’s not the question voters have in their heads when they decide who to vote for. It’s who is fighting for me, and who has the solutions for the American people. She’s still the person who is most likely to be the next president.”

In other words, Clinton’s argument is, at its core, like Richard Nixon’s in 1968: You’re not hiring a friend or a babysitter. You just have to believe that I get what’s wrong, and I’m the only one with the competence to fix it.

Edited by caulfield12

Good SNL skit really going after the Clintons with comedy. I can't see Hillary thinking it was funny. She's "demanding" to be president and Bill says, "Can you imagine if cell phones could take pictures when I was in office? I'd be in jail."

Glad to see them hitting it hard and not being kind to Hillary. They play her mainly as a mean B-word and Bill as the sex-loving buffoon. I know it's comedy but can't imagine Hillary likes it much.