SOX @ Texas Rangers, 7/12, 6:05 PM, WGN, AM 670.

MHizzle85

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see you guys on WGN tonight. I will be the one behind the big screen TV. I am looking forward to seeing Danks throw against his former club. I think this is a going to be a fun game.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:50 PM)
I have all the faith in the world when either Danks or Buehrle is on the mound this year, so go get em Johny! Plus it's my Birthday and I would love a win from the Sox!!!

Happy Birthday to you SoxPride56 :cheers

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
While pitching great from Danks.. let's not forget so score some runs!

Always an important concept to a winning ballclub :lol: It is just like the baseball manager replied when asked why he thought his team lost, "they scored more runs than we did." :bang

Edited by elrockinMT

We just don't match up well against teams that dictate the pace of the scoring/offense like Texas does. We're much better off when we knock 4 or 5 in during the early innings and add a run or two later on. We still make it exciting with errors, keeping the starter in for 5 batters too long, Jenks being a clown, etc., but it usually works out in our favor.

That, and early on Danks IS our stopper. Every other starter we have has contributed toward an early grave with my name on it from time to time.

He has a point. We don't exactly have Carlos Zambrano going for us tomorrow.

Jose has to pick it up. We can't assume we're going to lose every time he and Javy pitch.

They have to return to form.

Also, you said: We still make it exciting with errors, keeping the starter in for 5 batters too long, Jenks being a clown, etc., but it usually works out in our favor.

Jenks being a clown? I wonder what the weaknesses of all the teams we play are.

We are being called one of the best teams in the league and we're apparently horses***.

Edited by greg775