Sox @ Twins 7-28

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
I absolutely can't believe that Ozzie put PK, Swisher, and Fields in succession in the order. All three of those guys make hitting seem so difficult. Ramirez should be in between one of them to break up the suckiness.

I don't know if any of those three have had success against Slowey, but it probably just came down to a RLR matchup from Guillen. If Konerko continues this stretch of terrible baseball (which has gone on too long to just say, "oh, he'll come out of it") then his ass needs to be dropped first and foremost.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 09:36 AM)
At least Sexson is valuable against LHP. PK is useless against either side.

Yeah but look at how both of their careers have just plummeted since they each got their big contracts.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
Why does Nick Swisher get the free pass? I am not a Konerko backer but there is still the hand issue. What is Swisher's excuse, his robust .228 and below average CF play are not adding anything to the team.

He's not receiving a free pass. It's just this simple:

.228/.349./.399 @ 3.6 million as an average CF > .216/.315/.357 @ 12 million as a below average 1B.

I love when these Minnesota scrubs knock us around. The way Slowey has been throwing crap at the plate we should have atleast three runs by the time he exists.