7/30 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm WCIU)

joejoesox

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this matchup FAVORS a sox win, but who the hell knows how it'll turn out

over/under for errors, i'll say is 1

i'll take over :( if they can play tight defense, and gavin can locate at least 3 of his 4 pitches, we should have a good game i think, livan just isn't very good

If things were going halfway decent for the Sox I know this call would be a no brainer, but there not and it isn't. However, if we win tonight we leave Minny guaranteed to still be in first place at the end of this 4 game set.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
If we let Livan Hernandez take first place from us, then what kind of hope is there, really? That guy is a stiff. I'm so glad they haven't replaced him with Liriano or we may be 4 or 5 out.

simply put, if our hitters have an intelligent hitting approach to Livan tonight, we'll clobber him. we've shown that we can time his slow pitches and score a lot of runs on him. there's no reason why these guys don't come into tonights game with the mindset that they can hit him around

you'll know from the 4th inning or so how this game is going to be IMO

Not only is this a big game for the team, but, I think its a potentially defining moment for Gavin. A solid game here does a lot for his confidence, and the team's confidence in him. A pummelling by the Twinkies could spell a lot of trouble.

Go out and get 'em, Gavin.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 01:18 PM)
Not only is this a big game for the team, but, I think its a potentially defining moment for Gavin. A solid game here does a lot for his confidence, and the team's confidence in him. A pummelling by the Twinkies could spell a lot of trouble.

Go and and get 'em, Gavin.

i agree, you can't have a game that's as close to playoff road atmosphere as tonight's game, it's that simple

you have a team at home who is one win away from overtaking 1st place, and doing it against the team that currently holds that spot

this game will be huge, the crowd will be insane, I hope Gavin can shut these guys down and keep us in 1st place after this series is over

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Fixed for you. We still have 3 in KC, and need to win one or two there, to call it a success, IMO.

We'd need to win at least 2 in KC to call it successful IMO. That would make us 5-5 on the trip (assuming we win 1 of 2 here in Minny) and in a year where seemingly every team other than the Angels has been bad on the road, i would be okay with that.