Sawx @ Sox 8-10

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)
Bunting prior to the 7th inning in the AL is just ignorant, in my humble opinion.

It depends on the pitching matchup, teams involved, who the hitter is, etc. I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that.

I didn't have a problem with the bunt in that situation. AJP has been really bad lately. It got us to Dye with the bases juiced and 1 out. I will take that everytime.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
Agreed completely. Quti throwing away outs. IF Dye and Quentin are so equal, what's wrong with having both getting a shot to drive in runs? 2>1

They did duh....Quentin got hit by a pitch, not intentionally walked. If the BoSox had put CQ with 4 wide ones this argument (though futile) would have had at least some modicum of merit.

It should be just simple baseball philosophy, but there are a lot of stupid people in baseball.

You guys drive me crazy. In the exact same sitn the Red Sox swung away, hit into DP and also didn't score. You just must want Oz given the boot no matter what. The bunt was the correct call.

6 hits, 4 walks in less than three innings for Livan. GO GET HIM KENNY!!!

EDIT: Another home run. That's 9 ER.

Another hit for the royals.

Runners on the corners with two outs.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
It depends on the pitching matchup, teams involved, who the hitter is, etc. I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that.

I didn't have a problem with the bunt in that situation. AJP has been really bad lately. It got us to Dye with the bases juiced and 1 out. I will take that everytime.

Which brings us to the point that AJ should not be in the two-hole, and Alexei should be. Uribe looks ugly up there.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
I've never seen a guy go from looking so s***ty in an at bat or the first pitches of an at bat and then end up with a single than Alexei.

Iguchi was close...he looked like a rusty, swinging gate from Atticus Finch's house in the rural South on some pitches...but he didn't have nearly the bat speed and hands that Alexei does.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)

And please direct these folks to the Red Sox next inning...EXACT SAME situation....double play.

The call was a good one, the guys just didn't deliver.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Which brings us to the point that AJ should not be in the two-hole, and Alexei should be. Uribe looks ugly up there.

I agree with this, except Alexei is probably where he should be given his limited experience...I TOTALLY agree with keeping the Sexy one down in the order right now, it keeps the pressure off and it gives us a GOOD hitter amidst the lower of the order knuckleheads we have down there.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
6 hits, 4 walks in less than three innings for Livan. GO GET HIM KENNY!!!

EDIT: Another home run. That's 9 ER.

Another hit for the royals.

Runners on the corners with two outs.

Are you being sarcastic about Livan Hernandez? Hard to tell sometimes around here.

Bunting with two on and no out is never the wrong choice.

Yes it is. This is the American League. You do it with garbage hitters and/or when you need more than 1 run.

You wouldn't expect Thome or Quentin to bunt with two on and none out would you? That's wasting a precious out.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
I agree with this, except Alexei is probably where he should be given his limited experience...I TOTALLY agree with keeping the Sexy one down in the order right now, it keeps the pressure off and it gives us a GOOD hitter amidst the lower of the order knuckleheads we have down there.

IMO, the best hitters should bat first and Alexei is our best hitter right now minus CQ. Get him some more at-bats and his speed is good there, too. But I understand your point, but also remember Ramirez has been in the Olympics and other serious pressure situations, so he is used to pressure.