Sawx @ Sox 8-10

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
You're defending Gavin??!!! Good for you Greg

I'm defending Ozzie. And most managers. If you have a starting pitcher and you trust him, you let him in to pitch deep into the ballgame and let him pitch out of trouble at the start of the sixth inning. If Gavin's going to be a good pitcher or we're going to trust him as a good pitcher there's no way to do that without letting the man pitch. Ozzie made the right move by far.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
everytime thornton comes in with guys on base, runs score

it's unreal

Yeah i hate when he comes in and K's a guy on third with one out, then our stupid catcher cant stop the ball.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
I'm defending Ozzie. And most managers. If you have a starting pitcher and you trust him, you let him in to pitch deep into the ballgame and let him pitch out of trouble at the start of the sixth inning. If Gavin's going to be a good pitcher or we're going to trust him as a good pitcher there's no way to do that without letting the man pitch. Ozzie made the right move by far.

He made the right move for himself and for Gavin Floyd, who needs to be allowed to pitch. Ozzie made the right move for starting pitchers everywhere, in fact.

And with that said, go Sox.