Sox at Oakland A's Part One

nitetrain8601

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:36 AM)
You're kidding, right?

This is a horrible team. We have Danks going tomorrow.

No, when the Sox go on to lose tonight, it sets the tone for just a terrible weekend. They look defeated right now.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
wish we had someone in our pen that could strike someone out, now that a runner is at 3rd base

We do, they both already pitched, one is the reason that the man on third is the winning run.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 05:38 AM)
I've said it a lot this year, and based on the IQ level of this team I'll say it several more times, but this would be the worst loss of the season. Simply pathetic.

I get more upset about games that we lose that we actually deserved to win. Even though there were errors, the game at Baltimore earlier this year when Jenks gave up two, 2 strike hits with 2 outs to let them tie it was much worse.

so.....i assume we are pitching to suzuki....bad move...guy is a contacts hitter and carassco isnt striking anyone out...not that we would have much of a shot walking him and hoping for the DP to patterson....but crap...walk em both...and go after ellis?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
No, when the Sox go on to lose tonight, it sets the tone for just a terrible weekend. They look defeated right now.

The A's are a truly awful baseball team, and momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher, so we won't get swept. The problem is, this is yet another in a long, long list of games that we've given away if the likely result occurs in the next 5 minutes. If there is a team that has given away more should be wins than the Chicago White Sox, I'd love to know who they are. This team is so damn stupid, and although I can't blame Ozzie for many tactical decisions this year, the blame has to go to him (as well as Kenny Williams to a certain degree) for having a stupid ass ballclub.

you know you're playing like poopoo when you burn out your bullpen against the A's, haha

4-27? that does not apply to teams like the white sox. time after time, we make bad teams look good (granted, the twins lost 2 of 3 in seattle. they're not immune from this either)

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 05:38 AM)
wish we had someone in our pen that could strike someone out, now that a runner is at 3rd base

I wish we had someone in our pen, besides Jenks, who can actually throw a quality offspeed pitch.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
at least carrasco won't get the loss, he doesn't deserve it

horasheeo, nice choke job.

I don't know why Horatio was in for the 9th in the first place. Emil Brown is one of the only guys that can hit on this team, and you know Narron is going to pinch-hit in this situation.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 05:40 AM)
The A's are a truly awful baseball team, and momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher, so we won't get swept. The problem is, this is yet another in a long, long list of games that we've given away if the likely result occurs in the next 5 minutes. If there is a team that has given away more should be wins than the Chicago White Sox, I'd love to know who they are. This team is so damn stupid, and although I can't blame Ozzie for many tactical decisions this year, the blame has to go to him (as well as Kenny Williams to a certain degree) for having a stupid ass ballclub.

I don't blame Ozzie for tonight...shocking