Sox at Oakland A's Part One

nitetrain8601

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:51 AM)
Looks like the Uribe nice streak has come to an end offensively and defensively.

I'm sure Uribe was playing Thomas extremely deep on the infield. That was a play that either Gavin or AJP has to make.

Bet this pitcher doesn't make it through 4 on Tuesday.

Blows 88 MPH fastballs by people.

Really sad display of offense.

It seems any Sox pitcher that rolls along like that somehow gets dinged up eventually (Danks v. Boston) while the Sox most likely will not reach base again tonight.

Well, the A's are 4-21 since the break, but I'm certainly not expecting a sweep. By the way, thanks M's...good move signing Silva.

OTOH, they're 27-6 against the White Sox in Oakland since 2001. This game is getting very scary. Floyd was flirting with disaster all game long...as McDowell noted, nobody was catching up with his fastball until Cust, who's their only really dangerous hitter against Floyd's best heater. His pitch count shouldn't have been 97 after five innings because he was nibbling too much and trying to make the perfect pitches when McDowell noted it would have been better to just pound the strike zone with your FB and force them to change his approach.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
I'm sure Uribe was playing Thomas extremely deep on the infield. That was a play that either Gavin or AJP has to make.

I stated it was any of the three's fault equally but he did get there and should have caught it as should Aj and Floyd.

The Ab's by Uribe and AJ just added salt to the wound.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
The game plan tonight has been horrible.

If we didn't have those two bloop hits in the first, we might be losing 2-1 at this point. I'm surprised no one has adjusted to Braden throwing the change more often now, especially since his whole motion seems to slow down when he throws it, and it's really only 7 mph off his fastball at most, from the Channel 9 gun.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
Bet this pitcher doesn't make it through 4 on Tuesday.

Blows 88 MPH fastballs by people.

Really sad display of offense.

It seems any Sox pitcher that rolls along like that somehow gets dinged up eventually (Danks v. Boston) while the Sox most likely will not reach base again tonight.

We've done better against LH pitchers and "no name" pitchers this year, compared to the past.

It's hard to predict with our offense...we own some of the best "stuff" pitchers in the league, like Justin Verlander. Yes, it would have been better to step on their necks and keep them out of the game entirely.

Will be interesting to see how former A's closer Dotel does against them. Is he going to overthrow and walk two guys, or stay within himself?

Edited by caulfield12