Democratic Convention Talk

HuskyCaucasian

FYI:

Conventions: 18 Million Supporters, 26 Million Viewers for Hillary

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s address at the Democratic convention attracted almost 26 million viewers Tuesday night, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That number is up significantly from the 22 million who watched night one of the convention on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, BET, and TV One, according to Nielsen.

I say this not as an Obama supporter, there is NO way the GOP gets these numbers.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
I say this not as an Obama supporter, there is NO way the GOP gets these numbers.

With the speakers they have lined up on the first 2 nights (Cheney, Bush, 9iu11ani)...would they really want them? They want big numbers for McCain's speech, but I think they'd rather keep the first couple days to fire up the Fox News viewers.

Biden Unleashed: Attack Dog To Be Let Loose Tonight

With the vice presidential nomination speech tonight by Joe Biden, Democrats will meet Barack Obama's bad cop -- an attacker who will not hesitate to go hard after the Republicans.

Politico has a story out today about how Joe Biden is feared by the McCain camp:

Democrat Barack Obama's selection of Joe Biden as a running mate is complicating Republican John McCain's analysis of his prospective vice presidential contenders... "McCain knows Biden well. He knows how good he is as a knife fighter. He'll take McCain apart," said one Republican operative.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)

And with every attack will be followup with clips of his gushing praise and respect for McCain. Which is the real Joe Biden? Would Joe say anything to get elected? Even lie? So is he lying now, or then?

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
hahaha Mayor Daley..."and home to the 2008 World Series between the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs"

:lolhitting

My wife looked at me and said "is that possible?". I told her both teams have a real shot at making it.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 12:34 AM)
And with every attack will be followup with clips of his gushing praise and respect for McCain. Which is the real Joe Biden? Would Joe say anything to get elected? Even lie? So is he lying now, or then?

He'll talk about the man's policies, not the man.

Report: Bill Will Forcefully Attest To Obama's Commander-In-Chief Readiness

Clinton aides start leaking details to the Associated Press about Bill's big speech tonight, promising that Bill will unequivocally argue that Obama is ready to assume the job he did for eight years:

Former Pre
s
ident Clinton,
s
etting a
s
ide hi
s
own critici
s
m and ambivalence, planned a full-throated endor
s
ement Wedne
s
day of Barac
k
Obama a
s
a leader ready to confront any challenge....

Clinton aide
s
s
aid that in hi
s
prime-time
s
peech the former pre
s
ident would argue forcefully that Obama i
s
prepared for the dome
s
tic, foreign and national
s
ecurity challenge
s
that will ari
s
e in the coming year
s

Wow. A reporter got roughed up by police for video taping Republican Senators meeting with wealthy corporate donors. They even pushed him into the street and put him in a choke hold.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5670682

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...r_arrested.html

Oops, sorry, he was taping DEMOCRATIC Senators meeting with wealthy corporate donors. You know, those big business types that are just so evil. Kinda funny the cops hassle this guy and arrest him, when yesterday there was a near riot with some huge guy shouting at Michelle Malkin as she was wealking down the street and chanting 'Kill Michelle Malkin', with cops atanding right there, and nobody arrested anybody.

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
"sit down. we need to get this thing moving along" lol classic Bill.

And there's the money line: "Barack Obama is ready to lead"

This is the 4thd time I've watched and cared about these conventions and I have laughed more in the past 2 nights then all the others combined. Bill and Hill can't be beat at public speaking.

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
This is the 4thd time I've watched and cared about these conventions and I have laughed more in the past 2 nights then all the others combined. Bill and Hill can't be beat at public speaking.

Obama's pretty damn good

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Obama's pretty damn good

I agree he's got some skills, but the Clinton's so easily deliver zingers as if it's just another breath they are taking.