Sox vs Tigers - Game 2 - ESPN

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Mex, believe me I'm a true Sox fan. The only reason I'd want the Cubs there is I think we'd win the first two in the Cell and beat them. Obviously I don't want them in if we're not there. The reason I'd want them out is to keep them from winning the NL title, but I think we'd spoil the Series for them.

If it's that dangerous and there will be murders, I'm against it.

what if the sox don t beat the cubs?that would kill me,i m confident of our chances but its not written in stone that we would prevail,fortunatly out here i wouldn t have to deal with cub fans

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)
You don't live in Chicago.

1. Being in the World Series is stressful enough. Having it be the Cubs takes it to a whole new level. Whoever wins, thats it. All over. If the Cubs won the World Series over the Sox, it would be one of the worst winters of all time, and you just had the team you love make it to the World Series.

2.The city itself would be on absolute lockdown, which wouldn't be very enjoyable, especially in the Loop and surrounding areas. It would be very interesting to see how the city would handle it. It could get borderline dangerous.

I agree w/ all this (and your av, incidentally)..but i still want it to happen.

and i live in Chicago (northside even) but I would want to put up w/ the insane stress in order to have the once in a lifetime thing go down. A loss would be life shattering, but the upside would be so unbelievably amazing. 2 WS to zero and the head-to-head bragging rights + upset.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
I agree w/ all this (and your av, incidentally)..but i still want it to happen.

and i live in Chicago (northside even) but I would want to put up w/ the insane stress in order to have the once in a lifetime thing go down. A loss would be life shattering, but the upside would be so unbelievably amazing. 2 WS to zero and the head-to-head bragging rights + upset.

i dunno,i wouldn t be able to handle the pressure,i get sweaty palms whenever the sox,bears or bulls are in the playoffs

what if the sox don t beat the cubs?that would kill me,i m confident of our chances but its not written in stone that we would prevail,fortunatly out here i wouldn t have to deal with cub fans

I thought you were saying I wasn't a true Sox fan just cause I wanted the matchup. You are right. A win isn't guaranteed. I just think it would be wild nationally to see it all Chicago all the time. Also with the AL superiority ... I think we'd win. A loss would be horrific though.

If the Sox make it to the World Series... I WANT them to play the Cubs.

I hate when people say 'we can't play them, because we might lose'.

That's loser logic.

The series starts in the Cell. Advantage us.

I say "bring it".

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
If the Sox make it to the World Series... I WANT them to play the Cubs.

I hate when people say 'we can't play them, because we might lose'.

That's loser logic.

The series starts in the Cell. Advantage us.

I say "bring it".

Plus their lineup is struggling more than at any point in the year. Big problems w/ D-Lee and Fukudome

Other NL opponents may be easier, it's true. That argument I can see.