9/16: White Sox vs Yankees, 6:05PM

DBAHO

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
If griffey is such a good natural hitter you would think he would be able to hit to the left side when they put the shift on, I mean it is not like he is a prodigous HR hitter anymore anyways.

Don't you think that is a physical thing? Not approach based?

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
Don't you think that is a physical thing? Not approach based?

It might be but when everyone creames themselves about what a good hitter he is you would think if he was Roy Hobbes he could help himself and the team out when they put the thome shift on for him. Last tuesday's game when we couldn't get a bunt down or score a run he could have flicked a few down the left field line. I just think he is way overrated at this point in his career...he resembles Matt Stairs more than Ken Griffey Jr.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
Anderson with some huge hits.

With Paulie back, I dont' want to see Swisher in the games (unless he's spelling Paulie). Swisher is completely f***ing worthless. In fact, if it weren't for Owens, I'd call him the most worthless piece of garbage on the club. Anderson should be starting the rest of the way. He wouldn't get on base as much as Swish, but he'd hit for a better average and play amazing defense in CF.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
It might be but when everyone creames themselves about what a good hitter he is you would think if he was Roy Hobbes he could help himself and the team out when they put the thome shift on for him. Last tuesday's game when we couldn't get a bunt down or score a run he could have flicked a few down the left field line. I just think he is way overrated at this point in his career...he resembles Matt Stairs more than Ken Griffey Jr.

I don't think he is that good of a hitter anymore. I think he knows how to hit but is no longer physically capable of being a great hitter. And its far too late in his career for him to turn into another type of hitter after doing what he has done for so long.