9/17 White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread - 6:05PM

DBAHO

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
MacDougal is a joke, a big, tall joke. If we don't win the division, please send all former KC Royals packing. Get rid of all of them PLEASE.

I would tend to agree w/ you if not for the fact that he's looking more reliable than most the current pen. It's pathetic but I'd rather see if he can build on some of that minor league success than trot out Dotel right now, who has been on a steady downward slide.

And Carrasco seems to be worse lately, and Liney of course not the same as before.

It's difficult to search for answers and chase a division title but we have no choice right now. He has to get a shot to keep doing what he's doing. Kind of doing.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

debbie downer time

tonight's game is how we're gonna look against tampa bay in the ALDS (imo)

their pitching staff pretty much shuts down the longball, we're gonna have to play similarly to how we played in the game Floyd won, yesterday. string hits together, score with 2 outs, can't keep stranding leadoff doubles

if we beat TB in the ALDS (assuming we get there of course), i think we'll be fine for the rest of the playoffs, at least until the world series

i see TB as the most formidable team in the post-season

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
debbie downer time

tonight's game is how we're gonna look against tampa bay in the ALDS (imo)

their pitching staff pretty much shuts down the longball, we're gonna have to play similarly to how we played in the game Floyd won, yesterday. string hits together, score with 2 outs, can't keep stranding leadoff doubles

if we beat TB in the ALDS (assuming we get there of course), i think we'll be fine for the rest of the playoffs, at least until the world series

i see TB as the most formidable team in the post-season

i agree. the way they're set up they're the toughest road for us. i suppose we could hope their youth would even that out, but i doubt it.

If we make it and CQ can play, that might give us a major boost as well. So many ifs with this team. I think everybody's hope is we squeak in and find that playoff magic again. I mean Thome, Paulie, CQ, Alexei, even Griffey or Swish could get red hot when the bright lights are on. Maybe the starters will be on fire and the bullpen sees Joe Morgan in the pressbox and remembers they are the best bullpen in baseball.

I just hope we get there and see what happens.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:02 AM)
If we make it and CQ can play, that might give us a major boost as well. So many ifs with this team. I think everybody's hope is we squeak in and find that playoff magic again. I mean Thome, Paulie, CQ, Alexei, even Griffey or Swish could get red hot when the bright lights are on. Maybe the starters will be on fire and the bullpen sees Joe Morgan in the pressbox and remembers they are the best bullpen in baseball.

I just hope we get there and see what happens.

From your mouth to God's ears.I hope your right but there are too many ifs,especially in the bullpen,other than Jenks,they all suck...maybe,just maybe they'll step up in the playoffs but I m not holding my breath.