9/17 White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread - 6:05PM

DBAHO

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate the fact that we dont even have good arms to run out there from our system....all of these other teams, the guys they bring up...i feel like most teams have guys who at least have good stuff...they may not be good pitchers, but they at least have good stuff....out minor league system has been so pathetic its sad..and i think it has to do with dave wilder and co. more than people think

Linebrink-injured

Dotel-gassed

Jenks-struggling

Logan-gascan

Wasserman-blows

Ramirez-blows even more

Broadway-blows more than Ramirez

MacDougal-strikes will always be a problem

Thornton-doing OK but can't pitch every game

This is the problem.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
haha its a bad signing...even when he was dealing i said it was bad...you just dont give middle relievers 4 year deals for 20 mil for the very reasons we are seeing right now

Why? Are middle relievers known to get hurt after pitching lights out for 4 months? If Linebrink doesn't go down, and pitches even 3/4 of what he was early on, we'd have a big lead in the division now.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
i hate the fact that we dont even have good arms to run out there from our system....all of these other teams, the guys they bring up...i feel like most teams have guys who at least have good stuff...they may not be good pitchers, but they at least have good stuff....out minor league system has been so pathetic its sad..and i think it has to do with dave wilder and co. more than people think

Poreda should be up. This should be all hands on deck time. He has only one pitch, but its a plus pitch with sink on it. Which is better than the arsonists we have been throwing out there lately.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
Why? Are middle relievers known to get hurt after pitching lights out for 4 months? If Linebrink doesn't go down, and pitches even 3/4 of what he was early on, we'd have a big lead in the division now.

yeah because middle relievers are notoriously fickle....

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
Poreda should be up. This should be all hands on deck time. He has only one pitch, but its a plus pitch with sink on it. Which is better than the arsonists we have been throwing out there lately.

agreed....thornton has basically one pitch...granted its the same mid 90s heater from the left side that poreda has, but s*** ehren wasserman has 1 pitch and its 86 mph from the right side!

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
yeah because middle relievers are notoriously fickle....

Granted they overpaid. I was hoping he would have a huge season and KW would trade him, but I think he got a no trade. You do have to admit that without him the first half of the season, the White Sox would have no chance at the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
Linebrink-injured

Dotel-gassed

Jenks-struggling

Logan-gascan

Wasserman-blows

Ramirez-blows even more

Broadway-blows more than Ramirez

MacDougal-strikes will always be a problem

Thornton-doing OK but can't pitch every game

This is the problem.

im just praying that if we make it to the playoffs that our starters can give us 6-7 each outing, then thornton for 1+ and jenks for 1+ basically in every game...and maybe dotel will get lucky when ozzie inevitably brings him in

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 02:47 AM)
agreed....thornton has basically one pitch...granted its the same mid 90s heater from the left side that poreda has, but s*** ehren wasserman has 1 pitch and its 86 mph from the right side!

Against the Yankees with Joba and Rivera, you need a sense of urgency late in the game (7th, to be exact). This isn't the Tigers or Indians were you figure you'll have a few chances.