Minnesota @ Chicago - One Game Playoff

Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 05:35 PM)
Look at the percentage for IL compared to MIN

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPol...mp;pollId=61106

Is this just a bi-product of cub fans voting for the twins?

The Sox have the most pessimistic fans of all time.. c'mon.. that could be on this board and it'd be similar percentages.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
The Sox have the most pessimistic fans of all time.. c'mon.. that could be on this board and it'd be similar percentages.

It's not "Who do you think will win"

It's "Who are you rooting for", it has nothing to do with pessimism

QUOTE (Utah Sox Fan @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
First time poster, long time reader.

Had to get on board for this one, should be a good game. Give em hell Danks. :gosoxretro:

Welcome! I spent a few nights in Utah on a tour over this past winter.. actually 2 too many.. got snowed in, then had to drive to Omaha in 16 hours.. but it's a beautiful state!

Go Sox

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
Well.. I'm too jittery to READ things! c'mon!

Yeah, I skimmed through the question at 1st and thought the same thing. But then I remembered that in the "who wil win poll" as of last night, 52% picked Sox. I had to double check because I was shocked people lost the faith that quick.

Did anyone hear Dotel on the Score with Boers and Goff a few hours ago? He was hilarious. He starts off with "Are you guys excited for the game tonite? I am!" and somewhere in the interview he says "We will do what it takes to win, if we have to cheat to win, then we will cheat to win" LOL

It was a really funny interview, he sounds like a funny guy

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Are you a Utah Jazz fan? If so you can help me stick up for them in the winter and spring, haha.

Big Jazz fan, and since they haven't won a championship the next best thing was the Sox WS win. My wife even got up for that season, she watched every postseason game with me.

I'm predicting a win tonight, look to see the offense firing on all cylinders for the first time in what seems like months. It's hard to keep up with the games living in Salt Lake City, but between Yahoo, ESPN and the occaisional TV link I find online it's all good. I get to watch this one tonight so I am pumped.

Really excited to see the Twins hard work go down the drain for the season. :gosox1:

Edited by Utah Sox Fan

QUOTE (Chigsox22 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:01 AM)
I haven't been this nervous since the '05 World Series!!!

Welcome to Soxtalk! :gosoxretro:

But to be honest I'm at a new level of nervousness. At no point in the world series run did we have a win or go home type of situation. This is the most nervous I have ever been before any sporting event.