One Man's Timidity Can Set the Tone

Friend of Nordhagen

Rays go on the ropes, and Javy pulls them off.

He has a track record of breaking White Sox momentum over the years. I swear he did it continually in 2006. This year, down the stretch, he undid the team's good work in KC by giving the Twins the game, the momentum and the confidence in the first game of that series. Who knows how this one would've ended up, but I'm pretty sure the Rays felt a lot better about themselves after they took the lead back in this game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
Rays go on the ropes, and Javy pulls them off.

He has a track record of breaking White Sox momentum over the years. I swear he did it continually in 2006. This year, down the stretch, he undid the team's good work in KC by giving the Twins the game, the momentum and the confidence in the first game of that series. Who knows how this one would've ended up, but I'm pretty sure the Rays felt a lot better about themselves after they took the lead back in this game.

They also felt better after OC made a complete arse of himself in the 7th with the bases loaded.

Dear, Javy,

May this be the last time you EVER take the mound for the Chicago White Sox you gutless, spineless, balless, no heart, no nut, overrated, overpaid, timid, scared, pathetic piece of human toxic waste, pond scum, rat s*** motherf***er. You probably smell too.

I know I just made no sense just now. But you guys get the picture.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
They also felt better after OC made a complete arse of himself in the 7th with the bases loaded.

I listened to it over the web and didn't see the specifics. What set OC off?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
f*** Javier Vazquez, and Ozzie Guillen, total dumb s***s. I'm furious right now, we could've won that f***ing game as surprising as it may be, the neutralizer was Javier Vazquez starting

With a number of starters already having pitched on short rest recently, Ozzie pretty much had to use Javy today.

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
what the hell was the cabrera thing about?

Grant Balfour talked s*** after striking out Juan Uribe. OC called himself sticking up for his teammates, but he ended up looking like an ass. After he kicked dirt and yelled at Balfour, he promptly strikes out.

Edited by Ron

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
Looked to me like he was sticking up for Uribe who Balfour showed up in his at bat.

He should have stuck up for Uribe by actually getting a hit. Why give Balfour any extra motivation?

Cabrera just embarrassed himself by kicking dirt and then striking out. Terrible.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
I don't want Javy on this team after this season, and considering how Marte was traded, I guarantee you Vazquez is gone.

I disagree. Contreras is never healthy, meaning that the Sox would have massive holes in the #4 and #5 spots. Richard *might* be able to step up in one of those next season, but that still leaves one open.

Vazquez is a pretty good #4 and an excellent #5 starter. A guy like that is useful in *getting* to the postseason. The key here is to use him out of the bullpen if the Sox make the post-season again next year.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Shamrock4Life @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
I hate OC.

and we could have pitched Clayton Richard. Holy f***, the Hawkeroo was right.

hindsight is 20/20...in all honesty we couldnt pitch clayton...you just can't ...he's had plenty of horrendous outings this year, and im shocked the Rays didnt bunt on him at all...with his inability to throw t o first i thoguht crawford, upton, aki and even more should have been bunting on him....that said, kid pitched great and gave us a chance to get back in it while javy was crapping away anotehr lead....frustrating...i think now though if we should be lucky enough to get that far...theres no way javy starts again this postseason.

javy might make a good reliever....he seems to always pitch well for an inning or two and i would bet he'd pick up a mph or two on his fastball

Javy is not a number 1.

Hes not a number 2.

Hes not even really a number 3.

He is at best a number 4, but generally a 5. Some one who will some times be dazzling, other times be mind boggling. He has to pitch in situations where the wheels are not going to fall off, and if they do fall off it has to be in games that are generally not going to be make or break.

I suspect Javy will be back next year at the end of the rotation, he is good at eating up innings and keeping the game at least manageable.

6-4 loss when the Sox had the bases loaded and 1 out.

Just even a single and its a tie game.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
ding ding - i had no problem with it. balfour was showing up the sox.

payback looming....

how awesome it is that pk owns wheeler

he was 1-6 with a single, BB and 2 Ks before tonight...thats hardly owning a guy

QUOTE (Ron @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
Grant Balfour talked s*** after striking out Juan Uribe. OC called himself sticking up for his teammates, but he ended up looking like an ass. After he kicked dirt and yelled at Balfour, he promptly strikes out.

it was a bulls*** strike out. the called strike (strike 2) was a ball.

Actually you might be able to sell a national league team on Vaz.

Just say things like:

"Look he gives up 1 or 2 big innings in the AL, if hes in the NL the pitcher spot is going to come up some of those times and Javy would most likely not get hurt as bad."

Even in this game it was the 9th batter Bartlett that started off the 3 run inning with a weak grounder to 3rd. If thats the pitcher Javy gives up no runs that inning...

NL is an entirely different game and a place where Javy has much better chances.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
I disagree. Contreras is never healthy, meaning that the Sox would have massive holes in the #4 and #5 spots. Richard *might* be able to step up in one of those next season, but that still leaves one open.

Vazquez is a pretty good #4 and an excellent #5 starter. A guy like that is useful in *getting* to the postseason. The key here is to use him out of the bullpen if the Sox make the post-season again next year.

Bring Back Jon Garland. At least he knows how to win.