Black Friday Hot Deal Thread

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
I call Black Friday "The Running of the Jags".

People stealing s*** out of each other's carts and s*** like that = classless.

It's just not worth it.

Again, thank Al Gore for online shopping - I got my nephew an Iron Man DVD and Robot Chicken Season One DVD for 22 bucks total, and didn't put myself at risk of trampling.

Thats the funniest thing to observe. Go to a store like that, and just watch what people do to get a few bucks off of some crappy piece of merchandise. You turn your back, and boom, your cart is gone.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s ridiculous, it doesn’t surprise me though. New Yorkers are like that they are pushy, have no patients, and want everything there anda now without thinking about the consequences. I live like 10 miles from this store so its sad I gotta deal with these people.

Edited by Be Good

QUOTE (Be Good @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
That’s ridiculous, it doesn’t surprise me though. New Yorkers are like that they are pushy, have no patients, and want everything there anda now without thinking about the consequences. I live like 10 miles from this store so its sad I gotta deal with these people.

They must be crappy doctors.

I did my best shopping online

2 Urlacher Fatheads for a total of $33 ( 1 gift 1 for me :) )

11 Blu Ray dvds and 8 wide screen dvds for a total of $120 (mostly gifts, but a few for the collection)

1 HP laser printer (finally bought one with good reviews! lol) $29.99

1 Customized replica White Sox Jersey (for my sis) $50.88

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
I bought a 32 inch LCD HD TV for my bedroom today.

There were really some great deals on TVs this Black Friday, especially 32-inch ones from what I noticed. I was really tempted to buy one myself, but being a poor college kid with rent to pay, I decided my current good 'ol 20-inch TV will do just fine for awhile.

I had a really good black Friday. It was nice to already have my hd tv's so I didn't have to be a 5am minion or whatever. This seemed like the super cheap HDTV black friday, as every other vehicle was a truck with a tv box in the back of it. I don't know what made me laugh, but it just reminded me of hunters with deer on their hoods, but this time it was a f***in' tv.

Anyway, I pulled off some good deals. One nice thing about having to go to Rockford for the holidays (ok the only nice thing), is that black friday shopping is really convenient and easy. I got all my holiday shopping done, picked up a Wii and all the accessories and s***, and never felt rushed. We left right after the first mad rush in the morning (about 9am, so all the psychos were going to deposit their first haul in the home and to grab breakfast)... so it never felt crazy or anything. The parking lots were packed, but aside from that, it was no big deal.

We even got a table in the food court!

I found a neat Black Friday-esque website called yugster.com (yug= yours until gone)

Every day they run a deal for about 6 different items until the stock is gone. Sometimes its watches, sometimes tvs, sometimes laptop items, sometimes little tools. Its never the same thing

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
I had a really good black Friday. It was nice to already have my hd tv's so I didn't have to be a 5am minion or whatever. This seemed like the super cheap HDTV black friday, as every other vehicle was a truck with a tv box in the back of it. I don't know what made me laugh, but it just reminded me of hunters with deer on their hoods, but this time it was a f***in' tv.

Anyway, I pulled off some good deals. One nice thing about having to go to Rockford for the holidays (ok the only nice thing), is that black friday shopping is really convenient and easy. I got all my holiday shopping done, picked up a Wii and all the accessories and s***, and never felt rushed. We left right after the first mad rush in the morning (about 9am, so all the psychos were going to deposit their first haul in the home and to grab breakfast)... so it never felt crazy or anything. The parking lots were packed, but aside from that, it was no big deal.

We even got a table in the food court!

I had a pretty great experience. I live about two miles from a Circuit City. I saw their deal on TV's on Thanksgiving, but decided I didn't want to be part of that huge rush. I slept until about 11:30 a.m., and decided I'd just take a drive down there to see what they had left, if anything. Well, the deal was supposed to be for six hours, which would've had it end at 11:00 a.m. I knew this wasn't a well-known location, so I figured I'd have a chance. I walk in the door, and there's still an entire display of these TV's. I ask the guy if the deal is still in effect, and he said it will be until the sets are all gone and that they expected to be sold out long before. So, long story short, I was back at my apartment in half an hour with a brand new HD LCD TV.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
I found a neat Black Friday-esque website called yugster.com (yug= yours until gone)

Every day they run a deal for about 6 different items until the stock is gone. Sometimes its watches, sometimes tvs, sometimes laptop items, sometimes little tools. Its never the same thing

That place has a pretty sweet deal for a Garmin right now.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 07:48 AM)
Yeah it does. Although it should be noted that the deal is a factory refurbished device

I've had mixed results with factory refurbished. Usually fine, but I received a cell phone as a warrenty replacement that was refurbed and I'm not certain if it was just a bad model, or the refurb wasn't done well.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)

Just bought the db Clay wallets for a couple of co-workers...and myself.