Congressional Elections Results Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
In that case, frankly, I have no issues with how former Senator Coleman handled himself in this election contest. His people may not have made the best arguments, but he had his day in court and is willing to accept the decision. That speaks better of him than I thought his actions would.

I agree. It does suck to be him. He has to be banging his head into the wall saying "I lost to him??"

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
Franken had a tax issue? I must have missed that.

iirc, it was something his accountant should have caught but didn't. he was supposed to file returns in like 20 different states where he had earned money (on speaking gigs, etc.) over the span of a few years.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
iirc, it was something his accountant should have caught but didn't. he was supposed to file returns in like 20 different states where he had earned money (on speaking gigs, etc.) over the span of a few years.

AKA The Michael Jordan Tax.

that state tax issue is crazy.

i know a guy who played minor league ball and got bounced around a bit between teams. He was a SP and had to pay tax in every state the team stopped in (and in Canada) regardless of whether or not he played because technically he earned a day's salary in that state, even if his butt was sitting on the bench.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
I agree. It does suck to be him. He has to be banging his head into the wall saying "I lost to him??"

Coleman is used to it. He also lost to Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
Not really.

Well, sort of. Beck was a comedian before he started doing the political stuff. Sometimes he makes fun of the fact that he is a f***ing raving lunatic.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
Well, sort of. Beck was a comedian before he started doing the political stuff. Sometimes he makes fun of the fact that he is a f***ing raving lunatic.

Franken didn't act like a raving lunatic during his stint as a political radio personality. That's why I don't see the comparison.