Phillies interested in Dye?

2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (scenario @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
I think we've seen the last of Horacio Ramirez.

He's been cut and doubtful he'll be back.

His 7.62 ERA and being left off the postseason roster were just as good of guesses too, but being cut kind of does it.

Generally, a 7.62 ERA isn't acceptable.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 01:29 AM)
What do the Phils really have to offer though. I don't think they have enough to get the Sox to move Dye. Or at least they won't be willing to give up what it takes, nor do I believe they are good partners.

I haven't really looked at what the Phils have for the sox or who they may be willing to part with. Yet in trying to repeat, and giving their team the best chance to win, they may be willing to give the best deal for JD.

what, realistically would the phillies have that would make our team better by giving them jermaine?

i'm hearing the names Geoff Jenkins, JA Haap, Greg Golson pop up

i want nothing to do with any of those 3 players for a guy of Jermaine's caliber

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
what, realistically would the phillies have that would make our team better by giving them jermaine?

i'm hearing the names Geoff Jenkins, JA Haap, Greg Golson pop up

i want nothing to do with any of those 3 players for a guy of Jermaine's caliber

Jenkins has no value, Happ is merely a solid pitching prospect, and Golson is uber talented but more of a throw-in than an actual piece, though I didn't see how he performed this season.

I strongly doubt they would even considering moving Victorino in a deal for JD, as the Sox would probably win the trade straight up without Philly throwing anyone else in (not that you mentioned it, just that it's been brought up).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
Jenkins has no value, Happ is merely a solid pitching prospect, and Golson is uber talented but more of a throw-in than an actual piece, though I didn't see how he performed this season.

I strongly doubt they would even considering moving Victorino in a deal for JD, as the Sox would probably win the trade straight up without Philly throwing anyone else in (not that you mentioned it, just that it's been brought up).

A World Series Champ would never trade its popular CFer for some extra power....

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
It's funny and ironic, but there's a little reasoning beyond that, mainly due to Victorino coming off a much better season than Rowand did.

Yeah, I know. I think it is highly unlikely the Sox would get Victorino, but like you said, I see the irony/humor in it.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 11, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
do you guys think with the phils not getting Matt Holiday they'll want dye even more and possibly give up victorino?? i mean it makes since with burrell one and holliday gone they can use he bat after howard.

Why would they give up Victorino? For Dye?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 11, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
do you guys think with the phils not getting Matt Holiday they'll want dye even more and possibly give up victorino?? i mean it makes since with burrell one and holliday gone they can use he bat after howard.

Victorino is probably more valuable than Dye himself.