Kennedy Assassination

The Bones

Who is responsible for President Kennedy's assassination?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did Oswald act alone in killing President Kennedy?

• Yes, Oswald is the lone assassin
    • No, other people were involved

QUOTE (Soxy @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 08:50 AM)
So, I don't really know much about the Kennedy conspiracy theories--but what is the thought that Johnson was behind it? Raw ambition? Disagreement with Kennedy's policies? Just wondering.

Everything I have ever read about LBJ is that he was a power hungry and dirty SOB. There were questions about how he got elected in some of his prior elections as well. Supposedly he worked with the factions of the CIA who weren't happy about Kennedy backing down against the USSR and Cuba in the missile crisis, and the botching of the Bay of Pigs to have Kennedy murdered. There are also other conspiracy's about the mob being involved, and oilmen paying for the bumpoff.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:01 AM)
Everything I have ever read about LBJ is that he was a power hungry and dirty SOB.

I've read the same things. That said, I personally find the theories that speak of his involvement to be ludicrous, and I know of absolutely nothing (save theoretical conjecture and one highly ambiguous "wink") that even remotely points to his actual complicity in murder.

Its one thing to have a theory about motive; Its another thing entirely to have evidence of guilt.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:24 AM)
Can you imagine that secret being kept?

That's my reason for this not being such a huge conspiracy, maybe a few people involved but not a ton of people. Someone would have cracked after all these years, on their death bed, looking for attention, moral feelings, just wanted to get it out, something. But if this was a huge conspiracy with many people involved someone would have cracked. We have to wait like 20 more years before some classified documents pertaining to the JFK assassination become available right?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
We have to wait like 20 more years before some classified documents pertaining to the JFK assassination become available right?

Actually there was a huge release a couple years back, but the conspiracy people have an easy explanation, they didn't release all ;) the material, a conspiracy to cover the conspiracy.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
I just saw a documentary that displayed his log book and it showed scores of 48/50 and 49/50 on consecutive days. Were those forged? From what I saw, it doesn't look like that tough a shot. I've taken some long shots out west and it seems doable.

Was that the Peter Jennings special on the History Channel? It was awesome. The debunking of the JFK movie was great.

After watching that I really felt dumb to think that there was a conspiracy. So many theories were wasily shott down.

Funny how his neighbor got him the job at the book depository. The coincidental happenings like Ruby and LHO's desire to become a Cuban or Russian citizen was really cool. They had KGB agents on and basically it said that both conutries wanted nothing to do with him.

The interview with LHO's brother and the his neighbors were really telling as well.

The amount of conincidences can be hard to believe but that documentary did a nice job of proving them all.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
I just saw a documentary that displayed his log book and it showed scores of 48/50 and 49/50 on consecutive days. Were those forged? From what I saw, it doesn't look like that tough a shot. I've taken some long shots out west and it seems doable.

And how many days all together did he do those shots? I mean, he could've done that test 100 days in a row, and just happened to have those two consecutive days. And did he have to shoot the person in the head in those tests, or just hit the body?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
Actually there was a huge release a couple years back, but the conspiracy people have an easy explanation, they didn't release all ;) the material, a conspiracy to cover the conspiracy.

Just a simple question. Why wouldn't they just release all of the information? Why do it in spurts?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
Was that the Peter Jennings special on the History Channel? It was awesome. The debunking of the JFK movie was great.

After watching that I really felt dumb to think that there was a conspiracy. So many theories were wasily shott down.

Funny how his neighbor got him the job at the book depository. The coincidental happenings like Ruby and LHO's desire to become a Cuban or Russian citizen was really cool. They had KGB agents on and basically it said that both conutries wanted nothing to do with him.

The interview with LHO's brother and the his neighbors were really telling as well.

The amount of conincidences can be hard to believe but that documentary did a nice job of proving them all.

I enjoyed that episode too. Combine that with the one where they actually did ballistics tests on gelletian figures and simulated the shots to show that it was all possible... I really enjoyed them.

Tip O'Neill, who was the Speaker of the House (one of the more influential Speakers), a friend of the Kennedy family, and a Massachusetts politician, wrote in his book, Man of the House, that he and the Kennedy family all believe there was a conspiracy, but they didn't want to deal with the "pain" of that investigation and so they accepted the Warren Commission's findings.

I don't know if Oswald acted alone, in terms of motivation and execution. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it. But that's one of the weirder things I've read in an important politician's memoir.