Danksgiving Soxories

Steve9347

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
I'm thankful that we have a GM with some balls. I don't know what I'd do if we had some one like Bavasi/Sabean running the show.

Or the Angels. Think of all we could've gotten for guys like Dallas McPherson, Brandon Wood, and co. There is no reason to believe Kenny would have sat on his hands over Miguel Cabrera last year like the Angels did. Kenny tried as hard as he could, but we didn't have the bullets (although I'm glad we didn't do that deal because we would have lost Johnny Danks, who is already better than the entire package the Tigers offered IMO).

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
Or the Angels. Think of all we could've gotten for guys like Dallas McPherson, Brandon Wood, and co. There is no reason to believe Kenny would have sat on his hands over Miguel Cabrera last year like the Angels did. Kenny tried as hard as he could, but we didn't have the bullets (although I'm glad we didn't do that deal because we would have lost Johnny Danks, who is already better than the entire package the Tigers offered IMO).

Maybe, but I think Cameron Maybin will be a stud...you can argue all you want about the merits of a starting pitcher versus a position player though. And A. Miller still has time to get his act together. Nobody gives up on lefty starters who throw in the 90's quickly.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 01:52 AM)
I'm Dankful for the fact Danks pitched on 4/20 two years in a row. I forget who you are with the smokn' danks signature, but that's what got me behind Danks from the get go two years ago. I always try to rip Dank for Danks and it usually turns out pretty well.

Thanks to Danks, Dankful should be a new word.

Edited by rangercal