MLB Network

easyw

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 01:24 AM)
Does DirectTV carry this network, and if so, where can it be found?

YES they do. Where, I have no clue, but my coworker who has Direct TV tells me that he has it.

I have comcast basic cable, I can't see the channel, for those with comcast, what package do you have to watch it?

Well, I watched an MLB Network program hosted by Costas on Jan 1 or 2. I dunno.

Ah ha!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/03/b...w_n_163582.html

Costas played a major role in the debut of MLB Network on January 1 by hosting a special interview with Don Larsen and Yogi Berra which was interspersed throughout the airing of Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series, which appeared on television for the first time since its original broadcast.

Freelancing maybe?

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
I have comcast basic cable, I can't see the channel, for those with comcast, what package do you have to watch it?

You have to purchase the Sports Tier, which is an extra $6/month. That may only be an option with Expanded Basic, though. Can't remember.

BTW, the Sports Tier also has the NFL/NHL/NBA/Big 10 Networks. Well worth the money, IMO.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
You have to purchase the Sports Tier, which is an extra $6/month. That may only be an option with Expanded Basic, though. Can't remember.

BTW, the Sports Tier also has the NFL/NHL/NBA/Big 10 Networks. Well worth the money, IMO.

Actually, the Sports Tier is not required. At least right now, as long as you have digital cable, the following come with your package (I know, because I don't pay for the Sports Tier.

NBA TV

Big 10 Networks

MLB TV

The sports tier includes all those s***ty fox sports channels, the NFL Network, and the NHL Network.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 10:10 AM)
Actually, the Sports Tier is not required. At least right now, as long as you have digital cable, the following come with your package (I know, because I don't pay for the Sports Tier.

NBA TV

Big 10 Networks

MLB TV

The sports tier includes all those s***ty fox sports channels, the NFL Network, and the NHL Network.

Whoa whoa, I have comcast digital cable but definitely do not get the MLB network. Are you saying I should be receiving it?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 08:10 AM)

NBA TV

Big 10 Networks

MLB TV

That's interesting that MLB Network and NFL Network are on different tiers. IMO, the Sports Tier is worth the extra $6 for NFL Network alone.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 12:02 PM)
If you have a box, it should be on channel 410.

I have a box and when i go to channel 410 it says channel unavailable

I've called comcast several times and they always seem to not even know what the mlb network is. They just think I'm asking about the mlb extra innings package.

I've called comcast several times and they always seem to not even know what the mlb network is. They just think I'm asking about the mlb extra innings package.

I had the same prolbem. I called comcast and had to order the package for $15.00 its called Digital Preferred...