2009 Sox Photos

Heads22

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 28, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
hey everyone, what are the odds of the Sox signing Contreras to another contract next year?

he'd have to take an extremely incentive laden deal, similar to what Colon signed this year

1-2m guaranteed up to 3-4 probably

i have no idea if the sox would offer him a contract like that, or if he'd accept it

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 10:40 AM)
It's cool to see Tommy Lasorda still around.

Who is the White Sox Tommy Lasorda? What player/coach has been with the team for the longest? Perhaps it is a Sox or a front office exec.

Been with the team the longest no idea, but been a public symbol/fixture of the team for the longest, that's fairly easy, the Hawk.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
Been with the team the longest no idea, but been a public symbol/fixture of the team for the longest, that's fairly easy, the Hawk.

True, I overlooked him given that he did not play here.

Looking at announcers, how does Ed Farmer factor in when adding his playing time to his radio duties.

Also, from the Dodgers perspective, I guess Vin Scully might have been around longer than Lasorda as well.

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
True, I overlooked him given that he did not play here.

Looking at announcers, how does Ed Farmer factor in when adding his playing time to his radio duties.

Also, from the Dodgers perspective, I guess Vin Scully might have been around longer than Lasorda as well.

Scully has done more than just Dodgers games though. I honestly still think about Tommy Lasorda any time I think about the Dodgers.

I also don't think Ed Farmer is well-renowned simply because he doesn't do anything nationally regarding the White Sox. Any time there is a Sox game on WGN, Hawk is calling it, and he has been for years. I have no doubt that people think about Hawk when they think about the Sox.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)
Scully has done more than just Dodgers games though. I honestly still think about Tommy Lasorda any time I think about the Dodgers.

I also don't think Ed Farmer is well-renowned simply because he doesn't do anything nationally regarding the White Sox. Any time there is a Sox game on WGN, Hawk is calling it, and he has been for years. I have no doubt that people think about Hawk when they think about the Sox.

Not to mention Farmio isn't exactly the kind of personality that you want represnenting your franchise. Hawk is ultra-friendly, positive, and always smiling. Ed, not so much.