Gavin Floyd signs 4-year extension

DaTank

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tommy @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
Haha, do you think Hahn actually reads Cowley?

Now we're hearing we might all be disappointed with the "big news." And Rick Hahn has informed me that my sources stink.

Thanks for reading Rick. Now go get a leadoff hitter and get back to me.

That's actually pretty funny since I can't think of anything more disappointing than Juan Pierre.

Per MLB Trade Rumors:

SUNDAY, 11:21am: According to Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, while the Braves are happy to maintain the surplus they've acquired, they are anticipating offers. Rogers says the most likely source of trade candidates would come from the bullpen, but she includes Josh Anderson and Martin Prado as expendable position players.

Rogers posits seeking a third basemen as a successor to Chipper Jones could be a logical area of interest for the Braves.

SATURDAY, 6:01pm: Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Braves GM Frank Wren may look to trade surplus pitching as the season nears. According to Bowman, "Wren has already started to receive a number of pitches from teams that need arms."

Bowman writes that the "most expendable pitchers" appear to be Jeff Bennett, Buddy Carlyle, Manny Acosta and Jorge Campillo.

Josh Anderson was mentioned on here by someone recently as a CF candidate.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
That's a lot of money for a guy who just had his first good year.

I disagree... its really affordable, and if Floyd has a year anything like the last year, he will be really underpaid.