Time to bring back Frank

rangercal

He says he's not ready to call it a career. If nobody calls, I hope we do before the season is over. I'm not talking about filling a role, I'm talking about closing his career with us. He has the greatest numbers in franchise history. He is the greatest White Sox player of all time.

If our organization has any class, they will do the right thing.

Here is the latest story I found on him

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Edit: As stated above , not filling a role. Sign him to a 1 day contract and let him retire with us.

Edited by rangercal

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect is a two way street... i feel the repect is lost... on both ends. Frank likely feels they did him wrong, and i am almost 100% positive the organization feels the same way, if not more so. Just not very realistic in my eyes.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 11:59 PM)
Respect is a two way street... i feel the repect is lost... on both ends. Frank likely feels they did him wrong, and i am almost 100% positive the organization feels the same way, if not more so. Just not very realistic in my eyes.

Yet the fans get stuck in the middle of this divorce. I say both sides need to suck it up and do it for the fans.

Frank's too proud to sit the bench and pinch hit.

This is why great players who are with one team a long time should suck it up and finish with that team and not pout, etc. and get run out of town.

His post Sox career totally sucked.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 01:27 AM)
His post Sox career totally sucked.

Had that real nice year with Oakland

I think even if Thome got hurt for the year I wouldnt want him back. Some things are best left alone. Even as a celebratory move to bring him back, for some reason I think something would sour it. The ole' foot in mouth disease might crop back up for not only him but a few other parties.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 03:49 AM)
He says he's not ready to call it a career. If nobody calls, I hope we do before the season is over. I'm not talking about filling a role, I'm talking about closing his career with us. He has the greatest numbers in franchise history. He is the greatest White Sox player of all time.

If our organization has any class, they will do the right thing.

Here is the latest story I found on him

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

I would love to see the Big Hurt back here in a Sox uniform. But, remmeber this is the same organization that let Fisk go during the 1993 season

The Sox have a DH. Frank has nowhere to play. If by bring him back you mean not to play but to retire as a White Sox, I fail to see what that accomplishes. I'm sure when the time is right, Frank will be offered some sort of role with the White Sox. Maybe he can be an "ambassador" like Fisk. Even Fisk didn't know what that meant.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
The Sox have a DH. Frank has nowhere to play. If by bring him back you mean not to play but to retire as a White Sox, I fail to see what that accomplishes. I'm sure when the time is right, Frank will be offered some sort of role with the White Sox. Maybe he can be an "ambassador" like Fisk. Even Fisk didn't know what that meant.

DO I NEED TO EDIT MY POST?

I never said ANYTHING about him DHing. I was thinking more along the lines of a 1 day contract.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
I would love to see the Big Hurt back here in a Sox uniform. But, remmeber this is the same organization that let Fisk go during the 1993 season

Unfortunately, you may be right. I wish the sox would show a little more class.

Unfortunately, you may be right. I wish the sox would show a little more class.

Maybe Frank should sign a waiver that prevents him from talking about other people's contracts and his own before the Sox get involved with him again.

Maybe our organization should stop acting 2nd class.

Many here (including myself) get annoyed at ESPN being east coast biased. Maybe they pay more attention to the Red Sox and Yanks because they are a class above us.

At least we have mullet night

Edited by rangercal