GAME THREAD: 5/1, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm CT

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:43 AM)
If Andruw Jones keeps this up and turns his career around he should donate half of his future earnings to Rudy Jaramillo because he looked done last year.

Be careful, as there's a team that's likely going to have some money to spend with a huge hole in CF this offseason.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
This team really hits well when its 73.4* with 46% humidity and a 10-12 MPH SW wind. That's when the bats really come alive.

:lolhitting

It's too humid tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
Be careful, as there's a team that's likely going to have some money to spend with a huge hole in CF this offseason.

Chevy is going to end their White Sox sponsorship. The Sox will have to lop off about $40 million just to pay the electric bills.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
As long as Greg Walker's not around when the new batch of players join the majors, that's all that matters.

Disagree 100%. He's done wonders with a lot of players. I mean, if you want to blame him for certain things, fine, but then you must also give him credit for a lot of players (alexei, fields, Brian Anderson)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
WOW - f***ING EARTHQUAKE JUST HIT US IN LA! woo baby, that was a good shaker.

As weird as this sounds, it would be cool to experience one. The only one I ever "experienced" was the one that hit downstate IL last year around this time, and I was passed out drunk. oooops.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:46 AM)
Disagree 100%. He's done wonders with a lot of players. I mean, if you want to blame him for certain things, fine, but then you must also give him credit for a lot of players (alexei, fields, Brian Anderson)

What has he done for Fields and Anderson? Up to this point, both of them have severely underachieved in the majors and have huge holes in their swing.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
What has he done for Fields and Anderson? Up to this point, both of them have severely underachieved in the majors and have huge holes in their swing.

A couple of mid first round picks.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
ha! this will be huff's last broadcast after that remark about a "white guy"

About 15 years ago the Sox were in Oakland and they kept showing women in bikinis in the stands. Hawk said to Wimpy, "I'll tell you one thing about this camera crew in Oakland, they're the best beaver shooters in the league".

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)

IMO BA has looked much more patient and has just looked better at the plate overall. Fields is off to a decent start after being unimpressive last year. All I'm saying it that I think it's stupid to blame Walker when veterans are making stupid ass mistakes. But I'm open as to why you don't like Walker

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
About 15 years ago the Sox were in Oakland and they kept showing women in bikinis in the stands. Hawk said to Wimpy, "I'll tell you one thing about this camera crew in Oakland, they're the best beaver shooters in the league".

If that was today, "the best I ever saw" would be in there somewhere.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)

:lolhitting

really??