Sox vs. Tribe 5/13 @ 11:05

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
I realize it's early in the season, and we're missing a few keys guys because of injuries, but I'm starting to see what fans of the Pirates have been feeling for over a decade.

This is one of the absolute least interesting lineups we've seen during the Ozzie Guillen era. Not much to get excited about.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
Only one ball out of the infield so far through 12 batters.

Ummm....can't believe we're starting Richard again when it's pretty obvious he has only one pitch and gets crushed the 2nd time through the line-up.

Try Carrasco or Omogrosso next time. He's only given up 1 run through 4 IP today and has an ERA under 2.00. If he fails, it's not a huge deal, because he's expected to end up as a reliever anyway. The consequences aren't the same in terms of development with Poreda getting flattened three outings in a row and going back to the minors.

I'd give him one more shot. He hadn't started since October. Its not like anyone else is likely to do much better. If the same thing happens, move him back to the bullpen.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 13, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
Is there a reason Thome is not playing...other than Lee is a lefty?

Long game last night, fly off day today, and Thome's obviously still a bit sluggish from that heel injury based on how he was running last night. Extra rest for him is good.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
There are a lot of guys in AA and AAA and in A ball and rookie ball who can hit a major league fastball better than Lillibridge who will never get a sniff of the big leagues.

This is sad but true. Is he up with the club because KW or Ozzie feel that we have to use him because he was acquired in a "big" trade?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
Long game last night, fly off day today, and Thome's obviously still a bit sluggish from that heel injury based on how he was running last night. Extra rest for him is good.

Makes sense. I was just looking at the lineup and was frustrated. But in reality who else could be in there?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
This is one of the absolute least interesting lineups we've seen during the Ozzie Guillen era. Not much to get excited about.

Pods 5 years past his prime against a LHP in the 2 hole, Betemit against ANY LHP and Lillibridge are just terrible, terrible, terrible.

Nix at least LOOKS like a hitter and has a short, compact swing.

Game, set, match. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Garko, it seems, absolutely kills us.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
There are a lot of guys in AA and AAA and in A ball and rookie ball who can hit a major league fastball better than Lillibridge who will never get a sniff of the big leagues.

So what is it that makes the Bridge major league capable. Speed? Eh.. Defense? No Discipline? No Can't hit breaking pitches or fastballs. He needs alot of work.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
It's amazing that we could still only be 3.5 games out after today. Feels like it should be 10 games.

You're right. I wouldn't be surprised if a 82-80 record takes the central.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Hasn't Buerhle historically struggled against Cleveland? I know he's pitched a couple of gems, but I think they usually light him up.

Yeah, Hawk talked about that before the game. He's put the Whammy on Mark

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
You're right. I wouldn't be surprised if a 82-80 record takes the central.

That's why its imperative KW doesn't let this season get away from him like 2007. A couple slight upgrades or one big one can get you to the playoffs and then anything can happen.

Buehrle 9-12 lifetime against CLE, but not good at all there.

Garko around 350 with 7 HR's and 31 RBI's career against us.

I don't think Lillibridge will equal those 7 or 31 in his entire career. Could we give them back Alexei's bunt single and see if we can get no-hit to make this game more interesting and put more heat (somewhat deservedly) on Walker??

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
Buehrle 9-12 lifetime against CLE, but not good at all there.

Garko around 350 with 7 HR's and 31 RBI's career against us.

I don't think Lillibridge will equal those 7 or 31 in his entire career. Could we give them back Alexei's bunt single and see if we can get no-hit to make this game more interesting and put more heat (somewhat deservedly) on Walker??

Yeah Walker deserves all the heat if this line-up doesn't score. :lolhitting