Anderson might not join team until Tuesday

caulfield12

Delay for Anderson?: Even before outfielder Brian Anderson went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in the first game of a doubleheader Friday night, Guillen intimated that Anderson might not rejoin the Sox as soon as Anderson thinks.

"The plan right now is we're going to play four games here," Guillen said. "Before we leave Toronto he might be here, but he has to play a couple more games, see how he feels. We'll take it from there."

Anderson was 2-for-7 in his first two games on a rehab assignment after straining a right oblique muscle. He was the designated hitter for Game 2 of the doubleheader. (3 for 3 in nightcap, so 5/12 in 3 rehab games) www.chicagotribune.com/sports

Yay! More of Pods, AJ, Thome and Getz against LHP. Lovely. It just keeps getting better and better. Lillibridge has had about 10X the shelf life of Wise and Owens by now.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 16, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
Keep him down in AAA. The team is definitely in an offensive rhythm and you don't want to f*** with that right now with a personnel move. You have to respect the streak. I get it. Good call, Ozzie.

I didn't detect the sarcasm at first, lol

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 19, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
pods has been doing okay out there, i have to admit. but isn't it just a matter of time until he's injured? Does weezy have any options left?

He's been awful on defense (as expected), and his hitting isn't going to be sustainable because he's gotten some crazy lucky stuff. He does still have some good speed though.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 19, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
pods has been doing okay out there, i have to admit. but isn't it just a matter of time until he's injured? Does weezy have any options left?

If Pods starts more than half the time I fully expect he will get at least one DL trip.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 19, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
He's been awful on defense (as expected), and his hitting isn't going to be sustainable because he's gotten some crazy lucky stuff. He does still have some good speed though.

nah, he's no gold glove but awful is too strong. he's made the routine plays and made a couple of really nice throws, especially for him. But I do like his speed too. Might be a better backup out there than weezy.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
nah, he's no gold glove but awful is too strong. he's made the routine plays and made a couple of really nice throws, especially for him. But I do like his speed too. Might be a better backup out there than weezy.

I agree, at least from what I've seen. He's looked more comfortable in center than he ever did in left.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)

Perhaps it is the games I have seen, but I've seen him make a number of mistakes. Awful may be too strong a word - he's better out there than Mackowiak.