White Sox @ Blue Jays 12:07pm WGNHD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 16, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
Just waiting on the Kenny Williams meltdown.

KW won't have a meltdown...he should just thank his stars that he's not the one being called out for having this mediocre roster after the offseason. Everyone knew it was a terrible offseason for the Sox with regards to helping out the big league squad, and we're paying for it now.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
You're never as good as you look when you're on a roll (Toronto), you're never as bad as you look when you're in a slump (White Sox).

Outside of 2 games against the Twins and that series in Tampa, we've looked really mediocre all year. I just hope Quentin's ok, as he's really the only reason to watch our offense now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
KW won't have a meltdown...he should just thank his stars that he's not the one being called out for having this mediocre roster after the offseason. Everyone knew it was a terrible offseason for the Sox with regards to helping out the big league squad, and we're paying for it now.

I agree the 11% ticket price increase for 2009 was NOT put into improving the team that is what pisses me off about this offseason!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)

At some point this season this team is still going to wind up whipping off a winning streak and all this "Terrible offseason" stuff will vanish for about a week.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)
Thanks everyone. This should have been a shut out for Toronto. Nix probably had the best at bat of the game.

i'm going to give that to pods, working the walk. (yes, that is the definition of desperation)

Forget Lillibridge and Pods and anyone else who is getting guff on this team. I am getting sick of the guys who actually should be good not doing anything. That is the part of this team that has been really bothering me. Guys like John Danks, Gavin Floyd, Alexei Ramirez, Josh Fields, and Carlos Quentin aren't doing their jobs, and that renders the production of guys like Broadway and Lillibridge as pointless.