White Sox @ Blue Jays 12:07pm WGNHD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 16, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
Kenny wants to give Beckham some time to develop in the minors. The same goes for Poreda. And that's fine with me. No point in rushing their development in a year when the Sox aren't playing that well.

If somebody other than Beckham is possibly ready to make the jump, that would be fine with me. Agreed that Lillibridge is worthless.

And I agree with that. I don't want to rush either Aaron or Beckham, but there has to be SOMEONE else in the minors who could be doing at least what Lillibridge is doing. I guess I wouldn't mind Lillibridge sticking around if its only for PR situations or something, but he is getting a ton of starts (17 to be exact), and that's sickening to me.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
Do you honestly believe that Brian Anderson will be treated as a starting CF when he comes back?

He's hitting .231 against lefties and .308 against righties on this season. But we have another Lefty OF on the Roster in Podsednik...so when we platoon him, if those numbers hold up, his batting average is going to go steadily downwards over the next 2 weeks because he's hitting RHP better than LHP but he'll never face RHP again, and he'll wind up confined to the bench.

It will not be the first time we've seen it.

Has it been written in stone that Anderson and Pods will platoon? Why not just use Pods off the bench as a 4th OF?

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 16, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Has it been written in stone that Anderson and Pods will platoon? Why not just use Pods off the bench as a 4th OF?

Because this is Ozzie Guillen we're talking about here.