White Sox @ Blue Jays 12:07pm WGNHD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 16, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
hate to say it wasnt lili fault there. The steal sign was on and blue jays read it easily..

An 0-1 pitch is a perfect time for a pitch out and simply isn't a good time to run. If they pitch out, the worst that happens is the count is 1-1.

2 outs on the bases for each team. Good throw JD and Getz.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 16, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
So can someone PLEASE explain to me why Lillibridge is still on this team? What does he bring to this team? Why do we accept failure and under performing?

1) Comedy High Jinx

2.) Half price meals on Tuesday for kids 12 and under.

3.) Part time Narc

4.) Bat boy

Here is what is wrong with this team.

Thome on first nobody out Ramirez gets a 2-0 pitch he can do nothing with and swings, likely ball three. Then he swings again at what would have been ball four and hits a weak grounder. Instead of 2 on no out there is an out. Aj swings at four pitches that were balls. They let s*** pitchers impose their will becasue they have embarassing plate discipline.

Just a matter of time before the Jay O scores 4.

Why isn't anderson up.

The fact Lillibridge is playing over him now is sad. They said going in that Quentin would only play two of the four games.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 16, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
So can someone PLEASE explain to me why Lillibridge is still on this team? What does he bring to this team? Why do we accept failure and under performing?

FEAR THE LILLICURSE

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 16, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
Wait, so Anderson is ready to go but not playing?

He's still on a rehab stint. With the injury he had, it makes sense to take some time with him to get his timing back...and Thursday's game was rained out in Charlotte. I'm hoping there's a health reason why they're waiting til Tuesday...having him tomorrow seems useful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
I'm really enjoying the selection of songs the score is playing coming back from commercial breaks.

Don't they usually play these songs all of the time?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)
Getz is looking like just another Sox prospect who's not ready to contribute at the MLB level when they get promoted. Hopefully that changes with the new crop of Sox prospects.

He can't just be slumping in May?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
He's still on a rehab stint. With the injury he had, it makes sense to take some time with him to get his timing back...and Thursday's game was rained out in Charlotte. I'm hoping there's a health reason why they're waiting til Tuesday...having him tomorrow seems useful.

Oh, I thought someone said he was on the bench ready to play. I just hope he comes back and is healthy. Hopefully it won't be one of those nagging injuries.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 16, 2009 -> 10:57 AM)
Oh, I thought someone said he was on the bench ready to play. I just hope he comes back and is healthy. Hopefully it won't be one of those nagging injuries.

He's still in Charlotte. PLayed a double header yesterday, he's 5/12 so far with a triple in 3 games. Article today said to expect him back (and presumably instantly benched) on Tuesday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
He can't just be slumping in May?

With that massive hole he has on the inner half of the plate, he just might not be ready for this level. It's scary how similar he is to Ryan Sweeney, with regards to lack of ability to do anything with an inside pitch. Maybe our expectations were just too high for him? It's not like he's been a can't-miss prospect for the last few years. Up until hitting for a little power last year, he was always thought of as a utility player in the majors.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 16, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
Alright, but hes not ML-ready. So whats the harm in giving someone else a shot? Clearly, he can't perform at the major league level.

Kenny wants to give Beckham some time to develop in the minors. The same goes for Poreda. And that's fine with me. No point in rushing their development in a year when the Sox aren't playing that well.

If somebody other than Beckham is possibly ready to make the jump, that would be fine with me. Agreed that Lillibridge is worthless.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 16, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
I don't get why people think Anderson is staying in AAA. It's a damn rehab stint. Chances are he'll be starting in CF again after this series.

We face Baker on Tuesday. Pods will be starting in CF. Let's just hope Quentin gets healthy soon.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
DJ says this is our first lead in Toronto since 6/3/07.

As you posted this, Hawk also mentioned it.

I've read i first on Cowley's twitter page, do you think both Hawk and DJ subscribe to Cowley ? ;-)

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 16, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
I don't get why people think Anderson is staying in AAA. It's a damn rehab stint. Chances are he'll be starting in CF again after this series.

Do you honestly believe that Brian Anderson will be treated as a starting CF when he comes back?

He's hitting .231 against lefties and .308 against righties on this season. But we have another Lefty OF on the Roster in Podsednik...so when we platoon him, if those numbers hold up, his batting average is going to go steadily downwards over the next 2 weeks because he's hitting RHP better than LHP but he'll never face RHP again, and he'll wind up confined to the bench.

It will not be the first time we've seen it.