Sox vs. Athletics - 7:11PM on WCIU

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 02:27 AM)
Good thing we didnt lose Clay Richard in a Jake Peavy trade.

Lets wait more than two starts before saying such a thing publicly next time.

Yeah, if we have Peavy, he could have gone 1 inning and allowed 4 runs.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
He's going to lose his job to Pods, that's almost a guarantee right now.

Good lord, don't even suggest such. Vomit in my mouth isn't what I consider a nice mid evening snack.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 02:30 AM)
First, the flu, but second - lets not pretend peavy has accomplished nothing

solely to make ourselves feel better.

His ERA is well over 4 this year. It's just disgusting how many people were waiting for a bad start by Richard to jump off the bandwagon so quickly.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
im sorry but platoon excuse or any other why brian dosent do well is out the window. If anderson was that good their be no doubt he be starting, no other guys being platooned with and everyone would be happy.

He hits like s*** vs. lefties (something like .150 this year) so of course it makes perfect sense to platoon him against them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
It's just disgusting how many people were waiting for a bad start by Richard to jump off the bandwagon so quickly.

This is SoxTalk...did you expect anything less?

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
and people wanna vomit at pods starting need give him a break. hes been playing his ass off even though his running of bases been terrible. But, as of right now Pods will be starting

Eh, thats like saying "He's playing great!! Well, except he's doing terrible at the one 'skill' he supposedly possesses..."

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
His ERA is well over 4 this year. It's just disgusting how many people were waiting for a bad start by Richard to jump off the bandwagon so quickly.

I like Richard. I was waiting for no bad start. Just want KW to be honest in his dealings with the media, which involves categorizing guys properly. When Richard achieves, then put him on that pedestal. Very basic needs I have.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
called pods will be starting when quentin comes back.

Why wouldnt he? He's more valuable to this team than Brian is at the moment, would you be leading BA off if PODS sat?

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
Eh, thats like saying "He's playing great!! Well, except he's doing terrible at the one 'skill' he supposedly possesses..."

He's been pretty good as a leadoff man for us.

.276 .337 6BB 7k

The difference in tonight's game is that the A's are crushing every bad pitch made, and we're not getting hits on the numerous bad pitches made by Outman. We're going to see some nasty relievers tonight from the A's with Bailey, Wuertz, etc.