BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
Beckham 0-for-6 ... another ohfer and it's gonna get interesting. Wonder if Sox will decide quickly whether they rushed him or not.

He's 0-6 because they didn't give him #6. It's a bad omen...or something...

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
Bonderman will be back to pitch in one of the games of the DH on Monday. First game since June 1, 2008. Predictions?

4 hits, 1 walk, scattered over 7 solid innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
Outhustled...this team just goes through the motions, and makes losing look so easy.

look at our pitching over these terrible games

when we were kicking other teams asses, our pitching was great

now look at it vs the A's, didn't those 3 losses end up having the A's score at least 5 runs each game?

look at tonight, Cleveland has 6 runs

when the offense dies, the pitching dies, they're going hand in hand right now

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
Personally, I can't blame Beckham... he just doesn't look ready for this. This team has so many more problems than to have to blame stuff on this kid.

All I wanted was a prospect to come through our system to immediately produce and sustain success for more than once a decade.

Why is this impossible?

He can still rebound, obviously having just 6 abs, but cmon -- the approach he had today was atrocious.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
Bonderman will be back to pitch in one of the games of the DH on Monday. First game since June 1, 2008. Predictions?

I hope he pitches against Jose. Maybe we could have a Softball score. Tigers 23 Sox 13 :lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
Tizzle is right. It's sad we can't have a prospect do that for once.

Well, to repeat myself again -- I'm not giving up on him after 6 Abs. He goes 3-3 tomorrow and suddenly he's batting .300. I just have to say I really dont like what I've seen from him this game. I hope this approach is never again used by Beckham unless it's with a pitcher he has destroyed, and that'll obviously have to be after a good number of plate appearances.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Disagree, BA has.

Fair, but it's hard to be worse than 3 pitches, 3 outs.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
Even if you're willing to give Beckham a break for his ridiculous three ABs, I hope anyone who believes that understands he did NOTHING to bring up Pavanos pitch count. If you're not going to produce, atleast work the pitcher. Not only did he do nothing offensively, but he couldn't even work Pavano for more than three pitches. That's sad, and someone needs to talk to him about it.

Someone does. It's not really a knock on his skill, yet, but it's certainly something mental you have to wonder about. It's not a red flag, it's 6 AB, but it's noteworthy. 0-6 isn't noteworthy, but 0-3 on 3 pitches might be. At the very least, it's damn funny.

If Beckham went even 1-3 on 3 pitches, people wouldn't be complaining. I'm not saying it's a good practice or approach to have, but when you see that high 80's fastball of Pavano's coming right over the middle, it's not a terrible idea to take a good cut and hope to hit the ball hard somewhere.