6/6 Thread - Sox vs. Indians - 3:05pm CDT on Fox

knightni

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Highly doubtful, but I wouldn't be opposed to sending down Beckham. He didn't need to be up here and he's looked like a rookie. I'm not saying send him down, but if Gordon isn't going to play at 2nd at all, he shouldn't be on the team right now.

SIX AT BATS!!!!

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
That dude has a lot of power. Maybe there is a method to Ozzie's madness--batting Fields against a junkballer.

'Course he could've gotten Becks in at 2B.

If Fields faced nothing but junk ballers who's fastest fastball was 90 mph, Fields would be a stud.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
It's kind of looking silly to recall Beckham now if Fields is our best hitter, lol.

You know Ozzie won't bench Ramirez or take him off SS, so is he the RH DH? Or are they just going to give up on Nix/Getz for now?

Too funny.

WHAAAAT?

did you even THINK before posting this? basing this off of ONE Josh Fields home run? Jesus.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
SIX AT BATS!!!!

I didn't say he wasn't good. I said he isn't going to set the world on fire so if he's not going to play 2B for us he shouldn't be on the team. I don't want a hot Fields losing at-bats for a guy who isn't a long-term 3B.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
Ozzie needs to manage wisely against the Tigers next week. You can't play Fields against the likes of Verlander and Jackson, as he won't hit their fastball. However, he needs to be in the lineup against Dontrelle.

we'll likely see the complete opposite of that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't care about a home run call. It's a home run for your team, who cares what the announcer says! What I do hate is the premature stretch by Hawk.

actually, doesn't it only make sense to use stretch prematurely? he's asking the ball to stretch - go further - so... for an obvious HR it'd be silly to say it. Anyway, I think that's Hawk's logic these days. He doesn't tend to say stretch anymore on actual HRs

Ozzie needs to manage wisely against the Tigers next week. You can't play Fields against the likes of Verlander and Jackson, as he won't hit their fastball. However, he needs to be in the lineup against Dontrelle.

Beckham's swing was designed to take ANY fastball to RCF.

Anderson, Fields, not much of a chance.

Getz...he goes either way, if he's in his uppercut mode, forget it. If he's quicker and inside-outing the ball to LF and hitting line drives in general, he can be an effective player as well.

You'd like to see Nix with his more compact swing get some AB's, too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't care about a home run call. It's a home run for your team, who cares what the announcer says! What I do hate is the premature stretch by Hawk.

Don't ever watch a Yankees game on YES. Trust me.

A real test for this season will be Verlander. We OWN that f***.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
actually, doesn't it only make sense to use stretch prematurely? he's asking the ball to stretch - go further - so... for an obvious HR it'd be silly to say it. Anyway, I think that's Hawk's logic these days. He doesn't tend to say stretch anymore on actual HRs

Yes, but stretch on a ball that is 5 feet from the warning track is insulting to the fans. People watching on TV can't tell the trajectory of the ball and if it's off the bat...and I guess Hawk can't either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
Yes, but stretch on a ball that is 5 feet from the warning track is insulting to the fans. People watching on TV can't tell the trajectory of the ball and if it's off the bat...and I guess Hawk can't either.

either that, or he just likes to blueball us... i know he's gotten me in the past.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
WHAAAAT?

did you even THINK before posting this? basing this off of ONE Josh Fields home run? Jesus.

Wasn't Josh Fields 13 for his last last 39?

Now something like 14 for 40?

No, that's NOT JUST BASED ON ONE AT-BAT, but it's even funnier that he hit tie-breaking homer in what could easily end up a 2-1 game.

JESUS BACK.

Obviously you haven't been following Fields' offensive resurgence (albeit singles mostly) the last 2-3 weeks.

Besides Pods with his creeping stance, WHO IS HITTING THE BALL BETTER ON THE WHITE SOX NOW??? Pray tell.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
This is the Floyd I love. To those watching: Is Gavin switching up the sequence of his pitches and finishing with the curve, or is he overpowering with his fastball?

Everything with his curve.