When should Greg Walker be fired?

sin city sox fan

Its time for the offensive woes to end.....  

65 members have voted

1. 1. When should Greg Walker be fired?

• Right Now
    • Via email after he gets home
    • When he shows up at the Cell tomorrow morning
    • Between games of tomorrow's doubleheader
    • It will never happen...he has pictures of Ozzie with a sheep

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
I feel like I am living Groundhogs Day.

So am I, this is 2007 all over again. I'm sure it will be again in the sense that Greg Walker should be fired this year and won't be, just like he should be in 2009 and won't be.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I still the only person here that doesn't think Walker should be fired?

I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter much either way, but I voted for his firing in that I feel this year somebody has to take the fall.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter much either way, but I voted for his firing in that I feel this year somebody has to take the fall.

It might not matter either way, I openly admit that. But it can't get any worse, and Walker clearly hasn't been doing his job well (whatever that is) since probably the first half of 2006. One thing I will say is there is no argument that dumping him will make things worse, which is perhaps the best argument to dump him and at least try to shake SOMETHING up, which this team unfortunately never does.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I'd just like to see this team at least once take the approach of taking pitches the other way. Goddamn...it's not Rocket Science. THAT falls on Walker and the horses*** approach most have on this team.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
I'd just like to see this team at least once take the approach of taking pitches the other way. Goddamn...it's not Rocket Science. THAT falls on Walker and the horses*** approach most have on this team.

On Saturday during BP that is all they worked on.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)

If our players need a coach to tell them to "take pitches" then we have waaaay bigger problems... but I understand the point you are making.

However, they are hitting tonight, so is the fiery mob settled down a bit?

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
Am I still the only person here that doesn't think Walker should be fired?

Probably not.

Whether or not he's doing the right things or not isn't the problem here.

A. The offense sucks. It's in the bottom half of the league in just about everything. We're even lacking in home runs when we have a home run hitting team and three guys who can knock in 30 home runs in the lineup every day.

B. Even if he's teaching all of these guys the right things and doing his job the right way, the results just aren't there. Are you going to get rid of more than half of the hitters on this team? Because half of this team is hitting like absolute crap right now. I don't think that's feasible. Besides, this is nothing new. These guys don't know what situational hitting means. They try to pull everything. Either they're not listening or Walker's doing the wrong thing. Either way, Walker's ineffective. Thus, he should be fired.

Edited by chw42