Tigers @ White Sox GAME 1 1:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
I think we might get our first public KW/Ozzie argument soon, I think KW and the Org have done things to make Ozzie happy and now this team is falling flat on its face.

Only glimmer of hope is this team is largely off the books after next year, so it's not like they're locked into this roster for years

You've put nicely into words what I've been thinking lately. When Oz came out and said we were in trouble if Beckham was called up and 2 days later there he was, I realized that Ozzie might not have a clue what direction the team is headed. Unfortunately, the players he has been handed aren't very good. So it's a failure all around.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
give Getz the day off and let Beckham play some second. He had a good, solid hit in the 8th yesterday, let him build off it.

I honestly didn't even think Ozzie could mess this up, but so far, he's proving me wrong.

And I was right. Ozzie has no idea how to manage a lineup.

I got no idea what Ozzie was thinking in the 8th inning.

First, you bunt with Getz? A 100 mph fastball is probably the toughest pitch to bunt effectively. And you bunt with Pierzynski on 1st? WTF? With Zumaya pitching, even if Getz does get the bunt down, it's gonna basically be a hard grounder because of the velocity of the fastball. STUPID!!!!!

Then, you leave Fields in to face Zumaya? Fields can't hit a 90 mph fastball, let alone a 100 mph fastball. That last swing by him was pathetic. I'm pretty sure the ball was already in the catchers glove by the time Fields swung. Why not bat Nix or Beckham there? Even if they strikeout, they provide a pretty big defensive upgrade at 3B. And guess what, Josh Fields playing 3B in the 9th cost us the deciding run.

f***ING AWFUL. Ozzie needs to go. Usually, I never had much of a problem with Ozzie, but he's lost his f***ing mind. He's not even the same guy from 05. Seeing him in the dugout, he's got the same mood as the players. It doesn't even look like he wants to be.

I still don't understand why Fields threw to 1st on that one play with the bases loaded and 2 outs. He had all day to run and tag 3rd and get the easy safe out, yet he threw to 1st. It's an easy throw, but you gotta be smart and take the easy and safest out, especially in a crucial situation like that.

However, it all worked out, so I won't look too deep into it.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
I still don't understand why Fields threw to 1st on that one play with the bases loaded and 2 outs. He had all day to run and tag 3rd and get the easy safe out, yet he threw to 1st. It's an easy throw, but you gotta be smart and take the easy and safest out, especially in a crucial situation like that.

However, it all worked out, so I won't look too deep into it.

Hey, I'm still waiting for the awesome defense Alexei is supposed to play at SS. Yes he makes an occasional awesome play, but I'm not seeing anything special play to play

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
Except in 2006 there was no need for extra offense in CF because the whole damn team was hitting AND MackowiaK wasn't a good hitter. Right now they need the bat, and he's hitting. I'll ask you this: who leads off if not Pods?

Uggh I don't even want to think about it, considering Pods really isn't any good at leading off either. I mean your point it well taken, and just shows what a sorry sack of s*** this team is.