Tigers @ White Sox GAME 1 1:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

How much longer will Ozzie coddle these guys and not go off. I agree with whoever said a while back that ever since Ozzie had to take those sensitivity classes he's been pretty soft...but goddamn...this is getting ridiculous. I really don't ever want to see Fields in the lineup ever again.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
mother of god Scott Podsednik is scary in left. And just think, Ozzie will probably play him in center when/if Quentin comes back.

Mother of God, do you realize that he's the only guy on the team that is actually hitting? He better be in center.

:headbang

I can't believe we didn't pitch Thornton or Jenks this inning. The biggest game of our season to this point, and we went with our 4th best reliever (I don't care what stats say, Linebrink has not looked overly sharp this year).

would you please stop making so much sense. you are ruining this aweful game.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
Uh you do realize we gave them extra outs this inning?

Doesn't matter, if we lose in the 9th, it should be with our 2 best (and I think we all agree that those 2 are Thornton and Jenks). Knowing Ozzie, he'll say we were sving them for the second game.

I dreamed a dream in time gone by

When hope was high

And life worth living

I dreamed that love would never die

I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid

And dreams were made and used and wasted

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
How much longer will Ozzie coddle these guys and not go off. I agree with whoever said a while back that ever since Ozzie had to take those sensitivity classes he's been pretty soft...but goddamn...this is getting ridiculous. I really don't ever want to see Fields in the lineup ever again.

Nope. He's all out of bullets. Going off is going to do nothing. Messages have to be sent by Kenny now. And no, the team hasn't tuned out Ozzie. They just, aren't good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Doesn't matter, if we lose in the 9th, it should be with our 2 best (and I think we all agree that those 2 are Thornton and Jenks). Knowing Ozzie, he'll say we were sving them for the second game.

Meh. Of all things to complain about this doesn't make the top 10 list. The lower part of their order was coming up and Jenks sucks in non-save situations.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
Meh. Of all things to complain about this doesn't make the top 10 list. The lower part of their order was coming up and Jenks sucks in non-save situations.

3/4/5 for Tigers was up. There is no one in baseball pitching better than Thornton, and we're saving him for what? The Tigers only have one lefty anyways.

Edited by fathom

Ozzie Guillen is proving to be a brutal in game manager.

Why are defensive replacements never an option? Wise and Fields suck there is no reason why Anderson and Nix are not in there for defensive reasons.

They each should have hit in the 8th as they can hit fastballs they can not hit breaking pithces.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Mother of God, do you realize that he's the only guy on the team that is actually hitting? He better be in center.

no no no. Talk about shades of Rob Mackowiak. And Pods won't do this all year. Stop fooling yourself.

and that f*** first pitch swinging? awesome.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)

Why are defensive replacements never an option? Wise and Fields suck there is no reason why Anderson and Nix are not in there for defensive reasons.

They each should have hit in the 8th as they can hit fastballs they can not hit breaking pithces.

Anderson wasn't going to hit Zumaya, but Beckham and Nix have compact enough swings to get to him, Gordon especially, despite the 0/12 start.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)

He picked a bad game to have by far his worst managerial game of the season. I swear he thought the 8th was the 7th, and the 9th was the 8th. Maybe he'll threaten to quit soon?